Cyclists pelted with eggs in Essex?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
geocycle

Re: Cyclists pelted with eggs in Essex?

Post by geocycle »

I've also been lucky. Some abuse shouted but nothing major (but why do we put up with it!!!). One attempt by some very drunk lads to push me in the canal (they fell in instead). The only successful assault was a woman in an open topped car who smacked my bum at some traffic lights :oops:
Essexcyclist

Post by Essexcyclist »

Sorry to be the harbinger of doom guys, but the same paper has another anti-cyclist story, quite a sick one as well.

Lets hope the culprit is caught. Really not liking the idea of riding my bike in Chelmsford now! http://www.essexchronicle.co.uk/Blood-s ... story.html
jezer

Post by jezer »

That sounds bad, but I'm afraid the link is broken, so can't see what actually happened.
Power to the pedals
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

jezer wrote:That sounds bad, but I'm afraid the link is broken, so can't see what actually happened.

Works for me.
jonbott

Post by jonbott »

damn!low lifes :x
I`m def too old for this!
mrjemm

Post by mrjemm »

kwackers wrote:
jezer wrote:That sounds bad, but I'm afraid the link is broken, so can't see what actually happened.

Works for me.

Any clues then?
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

From the article...
Paul Seyfang, 65, says he came off his bike while travelling home from work along Rainsford Road on Thursday when a car suddenly pulled out and struck him outside the County Hotel.

But as the businessman stood shaking in the road with a bruised arm, and blood soaking his socks from a gash on the knee, he turned around to find his £2,000 bike had been taken.

"I knew people could be truly horrible but I didn't realise someone would do something quite as sick as that," said the director of CCS Windscreens.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
mrjemm

Post by mrjemm »

Thank you Vorpal.

Interesting to note from that, that the rider was someone self-employed (presumably from 'director') in the motoring industry!
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

mrjemm wrote:Any clues then?

Sorry - I'd assumed that the link not working was a temporary thing and it would work when people retried it.
(I see Vorpal has posted a summary anyway).
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

mrjemm wrote:Thank you Vorpal.

Interesting to note from that, that the rider was someone self-employed (presumably from 'director') in the motoring industry!

No. he's the director of a small, locally owned business.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
mrjemm

Post by mrjemm »

Vorpal wrote:
mrjemm wrote:Thank you Vorpal.

No. he's the director of a small, locally owned business.

Aye...

Vorpal wrote:From the article...
...said the director of CCS Windscreens.
:wink:

kwackers wrote:
mrjemm wrote:Any clues then?

Sorry - I'd assumed that the link not working was a temporary thing and it would work when people retried it.
(I see Vorpal has posted a summary anyway).

I am away and have limited access. Seems kind of random what I can and cannot click on... :?