Police Thugs

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
feefee8

Re: Police Thugs

Post by feefee8 »

pete75 wrote:
ukdodger wrote:Take heart. In the US you'd most likely have been shot. In Zimbabewe you'd be arrested and tortured and in Jockland you'd have your feet nailed to the floor while they played Jimmy shand records.

No not that.... :shock:
Definition of a gentleman - someone who can play the accordion but doesn't.

I hope you don't start saying bad things about bagpipes next..... :O
pete75

Post by pete75 »

feefee8 wrote:
pete75 wrote:
ukdodger wrote:Take heart. In the US you'd most likely have been shot. In Zimbabewe you'd be arrested and tortured and in Jockland you'd have your feet nailed to the floor while they played Jimmy shand records.

Don't mind the pipes at all and have been to some v. good Battlefield Band gigs.....
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Before anybody drags Bill Millin into this but rather going back to the OP, I wondered if this had been a one-off or the tip of the iceberg. :?
ukdodger

Post by ukdodger »

feefee8 wrote:
pete75 wrote:

I cant help thinking of the joke about the octopus with tartan knickers.
K.S.G.

Post by K.S.G. »

meic wrote:In the real world, I always think it is best to try and keep the Police "on our side" than to alienate them.

An informal complaint, yes, but was it really actual bodily harm?

Keep them on our side yes, but not let dangerous behaviour like that go unreported. She was far more likely to have caused an accident doing that than he was for not wearing high vis or helmet.

Also it is poor practice for them to be trying to enforce things which are not the law. It isn't like they have the best image at the moment and things like this do not help. Lots of police officers are very good at their job and should not have officers like this one undermining their relationship with the public.
feefee8

Post by feefee8 »

ukdodger wrote:
feefee8 wrote:
pete75 wrote:No not that.... :shock:

I cant help thinking of the joke about the octopus with tartan knickers.

I don't know that one.....
ukdodger

Post by ukdodger »

It concerns rape by an octopus.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

feefee8 wrote:
ukdodger wrote:I cant help thinking of the joke about the octopus with tartan knickers.

http://www.electricscotland.com/humour/h4.htm
(except that in the version I heard, the words used in the punchline were - ahem - somewhat different. :shock: )
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
feefee8

Post by feefee8 »

661-Pete wrote:
feefee8 wrote:
ukdodger wrote:I cant help thinking of the joke about the octopus with tartan knickers.

http://www.electricscotland.com/humour/h4.htm
(except that in the version I heard, the words used in the punchline were - ahem - somewhat different. :shock: )

Oooook. I'll start being more careful with my pipes near octopii!
fluffybunnyuk

Post by fluffybunnyuk »

Slow progress on this. Its been 2 weeks of the police trying to water the allegations down to a Local Resolution. If you're ever offered Local Resolution I would advise to consider, and research this in great depth before accepting. (I've chosen to reject this). I've had to consult a legal firm. Not much I can add to this case without prejudicing proceedings.

If the moderators feel it appropriate to remove this subject on that basis , I will entirely understand.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
fluffybunnyuk wrote:Slow progress on this. Its been 2 weeks of the police trying to water the allegations down to a Local Resolution. If you're ever offered Local Resolution I would advise to consider, and research this in great depth before accepting. (I've chosen to reject this). I've had to consult a legal firm. Not much I can add to this case without prejudicing proceedings.

If the moderators feel it appropriate to remove this subject on that basis , I will entirely understand.

Good On Yah fluffybunnyuk
Stick to your guns, Keep calm, and do take advise from professionals.

I have 1ST hand experience of police intimidation.
A police Inspector told me "you are made to feel like a criminal" thats right and I was the inocent party :twisted:

Dont Go for local resolution :!: Thats keeping it in house.....mates...........
"Local Resolution
If the complaint is relatively minor and even if it were substantiated it is unlikely an officer would be formally disciplined the complaint can be locally resolved (LR)."

Full investigation means someone independant will be appointed :?: .....got to be better.
http://iaingould.co.uk/2012/01/09/polic ... esolution/
Extract -
"In my experience, police forces seem to do their utmost to press for a complaint to be dealt with by Local Resolution. This is often without having a full understanding of the nature of the complaint and irrespective of the serious nature of the complaint that has been lodged.

I believe the police do this to brush (otherwise serious and valid) complaints under the carpet. By doing so they improve their complaint statistics, minimise fall-out within the force, and reduce the likelihood of formal complaints and police compensation claims."
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
fluffybunnyuk

Post by fluffybunnyuk »

Minor update: Got the CCTV footage back. Apparently the police officer was standing in the cameras blind spot...theres a surprise!!!
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Still gives evidence of your speed and road position on approach?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I've still no idea of what outcome would satisfy you. :?

I've not been back through the thread but IIRC at quite an early stage you said that you thought court proceedings wouldn't be appropriate. (My wording.) That only leaves some form of formal police disciplinary action - which is quasi-judicial in the procedures - or informal resolution of your complaint.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
fluffybunnyuk wrote:Minor update: Got the CCTV footage back. Apparently the police officer was standing in the cameras blind spot...theres a surprise!!!

Even if you were going to go for local resoulution, the officer would have to give some sort of account of your allegations.
You might not like the reply..................
Even if the camera showed what you alledged, do you think that it would ever be aired..............

Hindsight is like 20/2 vision its does'nt exist, even if it does or even when you think its real, just try convincing those who matter.
You might just have to live with your memory of the event like the rest of us.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.