Reins

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Si

Re: Reins

Post by Si »

I didn't notice a coaster - I think that it's just a pretty standard (apart from the reins) budget MTB.

I assume that he just has to make a grab for the bars when he wants to brake. Will try to remember to take my camera next time I go that way at that time - but I thinkt hat I've only seen him because wifey came home from work early so we were out earlier than normal.
Si

Post by Si »

Saw him again at the weekend - new bike, now has a FS MTB, with, I think, a new pair of Reins. I was impressed that he can ride out the saddle on them!

Anyway someone else spotted him (he's getting to be a bit of a celeb) and snapped a couple of photos:

StellaLdn.

Post by StellaLdn. »

He must have extremely good core and back muscles to ride like this for longer. I couldn't do it, and I love the safety of my hand on the hoods.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
-- Confucius

http://theviscountaffect.blogspot.co.uk/
Ayesha

Post by Ayesha »

Ladywell Walk, central Birmingham.

Live shows most Sundays.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

I am surprised the cops havent had a chat with him?

He must have a tough backside as it must take his full weight?

clearly misses his horse that he rode and which was killed at Balaclava in the charge of the light brigade?
basingstoke123

Post by basingstoke123 »

Si wrote:Saw him again at the weekend - new bike, now has a FS MTB, with, I think, a new pair of Reins. I was impressed that he can ride out the saddle on them!

Anyway someone else spotted him (he's getting to be a bit of a celeb) and snapped a couple of photos:

But the HSE are onto him - following just behind in an unmarked black car.
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

I'm amazed he's been doing it so long, you'd think he would have sought a more permanent/safe solution by now, it can't be that hard to get rigid controls to the same place his reins are.
byegad

Post by byegad »

snibgo wrote:Yikes. I suppose signalling and braking would be out of the question.

He rides on the pavement. Do you suppose braking or signalling has even crossed his mind?
"I thought of that while riding my bike." -Albert Einstein, on the Theory of Relativity

2007 ICE QNT
2008 Hase Kettwiesel AL27
2011 Catrike Trail
1951 engine