Success with London-Penzance train reservation

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
LindaB

Success with London-Penzance train reservation

Post by LindaB »

Just wanted to report that I was able to make reservations on the 10:06 out of London Paddington for Penzance on 7 June for 4 people and 4 bicycles! The train may not be running all the way through yet, but reservations are available. Never did solve the mystery of exactly how many days ahead cycle reservations are available. Tickets with no seat or cycle reservations seem to become available earlier than those with cycle reservations. I just kept trying every day until it worked (used the East Coast site to make the booking).

Now just the trains back from Scotland to conquer...
loafer

Re: Success with London-Penzance train reservation

Post by loafer »

hi Linda .... that's good to hear :D good luck with the Scottish rail guys they can be troublesome :lol:
mattfen

Post by mattfen »

You should have a look at cycling onto Kirkwall (via the ferry) and flying back - that's how I'm getting back to Leeds - the faff of 4 train changes (with 4 bookings and cycle space worries vrs one change where someone else sorts the bike was well worth the £10 less it cost :D
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

...Or taking the ferry from Kirkwall to aberdeen, then train back from there. The Wick/Thurso - Inverness line is a beautiful one, though.
LindaB

Post by LindaB »

Seems to me that several months ago one of our group looked into flying back... but the bikes needed to be shipped separately and wouldn't make it back to London in time for our flight home. Did we miss a flight back that takes bikes??
The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic »

I heard onhtenews this morning that the rail line at Dorlish was now back in service.
Cancer changes your outlook on life. Change yours before it changes you.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

We were on the train to Plymouth on Saturday, and we asked the train ticket lady if the Dawlish line would be open on schedule as Mrs Mick F is off by train in April.

We were told that the line is complete, but they're doing test runs and surveys, but it'll be open for passengers on time.
Mick F. Cornwall
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

My local DM offshoot claims Friday as the day of re-opening, in the meantime watch the video of them working on the repair.

[youtube]tWGxuPF7wNU[/youtube]