one bum

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
cols3064

one bum

Post by cols3064 »

the wife today as told me to get shut of of some of my bikes she says ive only one bum,i tried to explain that they have diffrent uses but that is not good enough and says i only need one bike,by the way ive not many only 3 ,i would like more but this is not going to happen,te bike i have are a argos tourer,edison 26 wheeled tourer,which i was going to sell but decided to keep,and a holdsworth pro,so which to keep and which to go
thirdcrank

Re: one bum

Post by thirdcrank »

Are you sure you want to keep your wife? :wink:
cols3064

Post by cols3064 »

yes shes here to stay!
mrjemm

Post by mrjemm »

Does she need the space for her shoe collection? :wink:

(Runs and hides...).
horizon

Post by horizon »

She's got a point (speaking as someone with seven bikes). With 650B wheels and a change of tyres, I'd be happy with one bike.

(Well, that one bike and a few more that is . . .) :mrgreen:
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
tatanab

Post by tatanab »

How many feet does she have and how many pairs of shoes? Allow her to keep two pairs, one for best and one for daily use.

Seriously, I've often considered what would be a minimum for me and a few years ago I cut down to 3 wildly different machines, a geared tourer, a fixed and a trike. Since then my collection has grown again. In your case I'd get rid of a tourer, probably the Edison, two machines with a similar purpose. I would also think carefully about the Holdsworth. I had a sunny Sunday special that got used only a few times a year. It was totally impractical for anything else so eventually I sold it. In the last few years I've sold 3 and so I've cut my stable down to 6 with a frame in reserve :D
cols3064

Post by cols3064 »

ah well 30 plus pairs of shoes is ok
1942alexander

Post by 1942alexander »

Can we see some piccies of the bikes to help us decide what we would keep?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

1942alexander wrote:Can we see some piccies of the bikes to help us decide what we would keep?

Or some pics the wife then we have an idea what a multi bicycle disposing female looks like :mrgreen:

BTW where do you keep your bikes? I find a shed a good place to hide them :D

PS, if they're all the same colour some wimmin' can't tell the difference
Last edited by reohn2 on 17 Apr 2014, 4:40pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
cols3064

Post by cols3064 »

i try and keep them in the house there safer there
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Shoes are the obvious riposte - or clothing in general?
When she says you need a t shirt in the wash as well as one on then make the same case for the bike(s)

Of course the question is what is the S number (spousal acceptance) where S+1 is the number of bikes which results in divorce?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

cols3064 wrote:i try and keep them in the house there safer there

Which,wife or bikes?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
cols3064

Post by cols3064 »

both ,shes just jumped on the lap top and read the posts ,what about the wheels etc in the shed she says,there could be trouble ahead !
tatanab

Post by tatanab »

cols3064 wrote:what about the wheels etc in the shed she says!
They are just spares in the same way as she might have a collection of buttons - just in case.

In my case - ex said to me in 1986 "if a frame costs that much you'll have to wait until you retire (2017) before you get another". She has long gone and I've had at least 6 new frames since then.
AlanD

Post by AlanD »

cols3064 wrote:the wife today as told me to get shut of of some of my bikes she says ive only one bum,i tried to explain that they have diffrent uses but that is not good enough and says i only need one bike,by the way ive not many only 3 ,i would like more but this is not going to happen,te bike i have are a argos tourer,edison 26 wheeled tourer,which i was going to sell but decided to keep,and a holdsworth pro,so which to keep and which to go

Has she only got one needle in the sewing box?
Does the kitchen knife block contain only one knife?
Have the food mixer or vacuum cleaner only got one tool each?