What event was it?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
LondonBikeCommuter

What event was it?

Post by LondonBikeCommuter »

Had to take a train from Finsbury Park north London at about 1pm this afternoon. There were loads and I mean loads of cyclists all wearing blue striped shirts cycling by. Seemed strange for a Wednesday afternoon. Anyone know what the event was?
Cheers
iandriver

Re: What event was it?

Post by iandriver »

Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
LondonBikeCommuter

Did Google it before posting here and that was the number one hit. Don't think that this was it though as you wouldn't start at Crystal Palace going to Paris and route via Finsbury Park.

This is now officially bugging me! What was it!
nomisp

Post by nomisp »

Hi. If it was a London to Paris ride then their sence of direction is terrible .I saw probably the same group, there were three groups with same shirts but different coloured helmet covers, cycling along the old A10 from Hoddesdon towards Ware in Hertfordshire about 2.30 /2.45 this afternoon. Could it be a ride from London to Cambridge , York or Edinburgh. Nomisp
LondonBikeCommuter

nomisp wrote:there were three groups with same shirts but different coloured helmet covers

That was it!

Still nobody knows what they were up to?
pioneer

Post by pioneer »

Possibly something to do with either St. Georges Day or Shakespeare's birthday?
CliveyT

Post by CliveyT »

nomisp wrote:Hi. If it was a London to Paris ride then their sence of direction is terrible .I saw probably the same group, there were three groups with same shirts but different coloured helmet covers, cycling along the old A10 from Hoddesdon towards Ware in Hertfordshire about 2.30 /2.45 this afternoon. Could it be a ride from London to Cambridge , York or Edinburgh. Nomisp

There was one group of 4 coming around the hospital in Cambridge when I went home about 6 yesterday. Didn't see any others so the groups had either got separated or some had finished
JamesE

Post by JamesE »

Looks like this to me. Blue-and-white tops, starting at Arsenal's stadium, stopping in Cambridge…
LondonBikeCommuter

JamesE wrote:Looks like this to me.

That was it! Thanks for solving that little mystery [WHITE SMILING FACE]
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Yes.......it does seem like Huddersfield Town supporters - they do a ride every year now and sometimes the players take part if it's out of season.

I think they've been exiled from Huddersfield in case they call a Tour-de-F spectator "Luv" - there aren't enough remand cells available for them if they do............in Huddersfield , by the way, it's "Lov", not "Luv", just a bit of local variation...........if that's lost on you, have a look at the thread "Politically correct in Yorkshire".