Jeremy Clarkson

herrmann

Jeremy Clarkson

Post by herrmann »

All the Clarkson stuff under other headings presumably belongs here, in "campaigning and public policy"; but that's not my point; which is: we members pay the CTC to campaign vigorously on our behalf. They supposedly campaign against car adverts that glamorize speed and aggressive driving. So they should campaign vigorously against Jeremy Clarkson, until he satisfactorily backtracks. Is this happening?
Pedalling Pete

Re:Jeremy Clarkson

Post by Pedalling Pete »

Take a look at my comments at

www.ctcforum.org.uk/MesReplist.aspx?bcid=7&id=19400

Campaigning is not adequately resourced by the club, even for dealing with the real issues, rather than popinjays such as Jeremy. If the CTC members were to ask their CTC Councillors to improve matters, then there might be progress towards the campaigning principles that the club was founded for. But there is little sign of that happening.
gar

Post by gar »

Yes I've tried crossreferencing and for some reason it does not work too well.

I have seen your other comments though and i a m quite sure you are correct

than popinjays such as CLARKSON..... to use the abusive surname rather than seem familiar!
Top5pies

Post by Top5pies »

what a sad way to make a living, producing a tv 'lads magazine' programme extoling the virtues of driving sports cars at illegal speeds and ridiculing his audience for driving the average cars that they can just afford to buy.
yes, I have watched his programme because my brother likes it!
I hope you are all complaining to the BBC on a regular basis about the 'promotion' of speeding on his top gear programme?
I do.
gar

Post by gar »

www.applausestore.com/Site/shows/show/index.php?id=21

Take a bike and ride it.

Demo at Godalming?
herrmann

Post by herrmann »

Will I be charged with a criminal offence if I publicly state an intention to kill Jeremy Clarkson? Is this post illegal?
gar

Post by gar »

If you did say such a thing publcily you most certainly could be charged with it.

I thought somebody might ask that question, the logical consequence of our discussion.!

Any Demo placard would have to use as much backhand as the logical consequences of your
asking the question above.

How about Reduce Clarkson to Nought NOW not even ONE!...... obviously refering to his public statements..... or is it.... and isn't that a statement about probability as well, which he probably knows nothing about?
gar

Post by gar »

I still can't think what charge could be brought against him in a private prosecution for making the remarks he has made.

Any ideas, experts?!

It is an incitement of a sort and perhaps incitement does cover a sufficient multitude of sins, for it to be so.
gar

Post by gar »

Will I be charged with a criminal offence if I publicly state an intention to kill Jeremy Clarkson? Is this post illegal?

Your post is not an offence against anybody.
The alleged offence against him is that he has threatened all cyclists; if he has encouraged others to kill a cyclists then it is incitement, whether the cyclists is transgressing or not.

Your hypothetical offence is the good old
"intention to commit an offence" if you did say it, and there were any possibility of your doing so.

There is every possibility of Clarksin doing what
he says he would like to do, but there is very little likelihood of your doing so.

In that sense the allegation against him is FAR more serious than any that WOULD be brought against you if you said it many times and set about planning the event.

Like the girl who kept on saying "I am going to be eaten by a crocodile" and WAS (2002),
your persistent remark would be construed in a similar way.... that you might well do so.

I had a friend at school who used to say he was going to kill a master... and very nearly did by crossing the wires on a three point plug in the lab. I told him before he should not say such things or it might happen and it did.

Stilly, who raised the subject, may have similar theological experience.
gav

Post by gav »

I have just tried a fight between “Jeremy Clarkson” and “Bicycle” on Googlefight and Clarkson was trounced.
gar

Post by gar »

Your science is beyond me gav but it must be right,
and politically correct too.
TJ

Post by TJ »

Clarkson: Large ego, small intellect.
Shoe size and I.Q.: The same.
Happiness

Post by Happiness »

Ha! Ha! Ha! That was funny..... gav's remark I mean.

Clarkson's shoes are big aren't they. He is 6'4"
TJ

Post by TJ »

Size 12 I believe, same as his mental age and I.Q.
Happiness

Post by Happiness »

IQ of 12? how are your sprouts TJ?