Opt out of print copies of Cycle

Bicycler

Opt out of print copies of Cycle

Post by Bicycler »

Is there a way to do this? It occurs to me that some members may not read the magazine or may prefer to download a copy instead. Such an option would be greener and would save the CTC some money.
Si

Re: Opt out of print copies of Cycle

Post by Si »

You can download some of the more recent one: http://www.ctc.org.uk/publications?fiel ... y_to_one=0
Not sure how far back they go.
Bicycler

Post by Bicycler »

Yep, I noticed. It's just that a lot of membership organisations allow people to opt out of the print copy where it isn't needed. Indeed this is often encouraged as it allows the organisation to save money by reducing printing, postage and admin costs. As it is, I drop mine off at the doctor's after a quick read through but I suspect many just get recycled. An opt out could save the CTC a fair bit of money
gaz

Post by gaz »

Much of the publishing cost is in typesetting, photographs, editing, etc which do not change with the size of the print run.

I would imagine that advertising space is sold on the basis of £x for your advert in y thousand paper copies, with a direct correlation between x and y.

Offering an opt out and decreasing y will also decrease the income from x.

One thing notably absent from the on-line back issues is the advertising and all those inserts that fall out of the magazine when you open the wrapper.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
steady eddy

Post by steady eddy »

Yes and 12 months later it still comes by post!
Come on HQ catch up with the 21st century and send cycle out digitally. Think of the postage you would save.
Bicycler

Post by Bicycler »

24 months :!: