Mod links...

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
[XAP]Bob

Mod links...

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Mod links....

Is there a forum style which doesn't have moderator profile links under each forum title, I visit Si's profile quite alot :(
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Mod links...

Post by Mick F »

I know what you mean.
I complained recently about the size of the "buttons". It's bad enough with a track pad on a laptop, but trying to make my chubby finger select a tiny button displayed on an iPad Mini or Mrs Mick F's Android is a bit too accurate for me.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=87087

It's very easy to select the wrong thing. :oops:
Mick F. Cornwall
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The link to the poster under the title is redundant, as the profile on the right has links too.

I'll see if there's an easy fix to disable the link under the title.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

This is on the forum lists, rather than the thread lists inside a forum.

The Mod links are "annoying" - if they could be right aligned then that would help...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah, I see. I've turned off the display of moderator names for each Forum, as they don't add much useful value and are rather-too-easily clicked on as you point out.

If anyone would like to see the moderator names back, let me know!
Si

Post by Si »

[XAP]Bob wrote:Mod links....

Is there a forum style which doesn't have moderator profile links under each forum title, I visit Si's profile quite alot :(

And I thought that it was 'cos you liked me (shuffles off to dark corner to cry).
Bicycler

Post by Bicycler »

admin wrote:Ah, I see. I've turned off the display of moderator names for each Forum, as they don't add much useful value and are rather-too-easily clicked on as you point out.

Have you done more than that? Everybody's names now appear black and unclickable (rather than blue and clickable) at the top of their posts like they do where someone is no longer a forum member.
Bicycler

Post by Bicycler »

Sorry just seen this...
admin wrote:The link to the poster under the title is redundant, as the profile on the right has links too.
I'll see if there's an easy fix to disable the link under the title.

That's okay, thought something was broken
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Si wrote:
[XAP]Bob wrote:Mod links....

And I thought that it was 'cos you liked me (shuffles off to dark corner to cry).

I do, just not enough to stalk you!

Much easier to poke at the right link now - thanks...