Glastonbury

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
al_yrpal

Glastonbury

Post by al_yrpal »

Following a nice walk along the Thames yesterday and a brilliant al fresco lunch with a view of the river I settled down to watch some acts from the Fest.

Blondie was fantastic, at 68 Debbie can still blast them out, some with an ageing punks passion. The rest of the band are very accomplished. Dolly is the same age as Debbie. Bet she will go go down well.

Elbow were great, an hour of great songs delivered with a lot of feeling.

Arcade Fire surprised me. Whilst I wouldnt buy their music they delivered a really stunning performance. Why is it that Canada produces so many wonderful musicians - must be the cold and dark?

Watched others but the off switch came into play quite a bit.

All available on iPlayer

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Glastonbury

Post by Mick F »

al_yrpal wrote:All available on iPlayer
Good.
You watch it then! :D

I have a beer in hand, I've just lit the fire, there's a chicken in the oven, and we'll slob out this evening after the meal.
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

No worries Mick, not everyones cuppa. Saturday is always steak night, we will be slobbing out too, beers in the fridge. It was just a heads up for any music lovers out there. Its Dolly tommorow you might enjoy that?

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Watched Elbow last night and thought they were great.
However, even as a fan I wonder how long they can go on playing all the old classics.
Mind you, it's never stopped the Stones, has it. :lol:

I might have a look at Arcade Fire, though I certainly don't wanna see Dolly. :D
skicat

Post by skicat »

al_yrpal wrote:Following a nice walk along the Thames yesterday and a brilliant al fresco lunch with a view of the river I settled down to watch some acts from the Fest.

Blondie was fantastic, at 68 Debbie can still blast them out, some with an ageing punks passion. The rest of the band are very accomplished. Dolly is the same age as Debbie. Bet she will go go down well.

Elbow were great, an hour of great songs delivered with a lot of feeling.

Arcade Fire surprised me. Whilst I wouldn't buy their music they delivered a really stunning performance. Why is it that Canada produces so many wonderful musicians - must be the cold and dark?
Al

Agree with all of that, except I'm also a big fan of Arcade Fire. Got all of their stuff.

I was surprised that Blondie turned out as well as they did. I saw them on 4Music a couple of years ago and thought they had passed the point of no return.

Elbow are always monumental at Glasto.

You do know Justin Beiber and Avril Lavigne are from Canada :lol:
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

al_yrpal wrote:No worries Mick, not everyones cuppa. ............ Its Dolly tommorow you might enjoy that?
No thanks, but Dolly is great of course.

Still won't bother though. :wink:
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

… and Joanie Mitchell, Gordon Lightfoot, Bryan Adams, Celine Dione, et etc… and things like Cirque du Soliel. Is it the French influence?

Al
Neilo

Post by Neilo »

And
Nickleback, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Neil Young and Rush
If it aint broke, fix it til it is.
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

Not forgetting the great Leonard Cohen
'Kernow bys Vyken'
skicat

Post by skicat »

Sum41.

(Serious thread drift going on here :lol: )
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Enjoyed sone of Robert Plants set and Alison Goldfrapp of course. Manics were worse than Hitler :D

Al
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

Watching Metalica, not impressed, loved Lana Del Rey and Robert Plant
'Kernow bys Vyken'
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Yeah, load of power chords for blokes, not too much music. A bit brain dead. I love Plants bearded guitar bloke, seen him on Jools, what a musician!

Al
forlorn hope

Post by forlorn hope »

Metallica are owning Glastonbury,far better than last years Saturday night headliner.
Trice S 700cc
Optima baron
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

forlorn hope wrote:Metallica are owning Glastonbury,far better than last years Saturday night headliner.

Agree with that, great showmen, but a bit more music rather than constant repetitive power chords would be welcome. Last year was a hoot, Stonesare playing Roskilde Fest next week, hope the pacemakers can survive the naked run and makerel eating contest!

Al