Euston to Victoria

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
John1054

Euston to Victoria

Post by John1054 »

Does anyone have a good (not too complicated) route for cycling between Euston & Victoria for what would be a loaded & tired cyclist in the evening between 8 & 9 pm., on a weekday?
All suggestions gratefully received.
Thanks, John.
MLJ

Re: Euston to Victoria

Post by MLJ »

Try http://www.tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/?cid=fs058 for cycle journey suggestion. My personal route is south-east to Aldwich, second RH lane to Strand, SO through Trafalgar Square, Admiralty Arch, L, Birdcage Walk to Victoria! Not much navigation needed, but fairly busy traffic.
samsbike

Post by samsbike »

The easiest way I can think of is to come of Euston and go straight down the marylebone road to baker street.

Head south to Marble arch and follow Park Lane to Hyde Park Corner, cut across the roundabout (cycle path) and follow the road straight to Victoria.
BE1

Post by BE1 »

AdWatch wrote:Does anyone have a good (not too complicated) route for cycling between Euston & Victoria for what would be a loaded & tired cyclist in the evening between 8 & 9 pm., on a weekday?
All suggestions gratefully received.
Thanks, John.

John

I use this planner http://www.cyclestreets.net/

It gives three options and there are sufficent photos etc for you to judge ease of navigation and to an extent your confort level with the traffic.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

My choice would be down Gower St, onto Monmouth St at High Holborn, Trafalgar Square, Whitehall, Parliament Square, Victoria St, Victoria Station. If you want to avoid Parliament Square (bit of a rat race) you can do Admiralty Arch, The Mall, Horse Guards Road, Storey's Gate onto Victoria Rd. Trafalgar Square is more difficult to avoid. Avoid the Aldwych and Strand route as the Strand is usually gridlocked with no space to filter.
samsbike

Post by samsbike »

Thinking aloud, does anyone know if you can cycle through Green Park because that would be quite nice.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

samsbike wrote:Thinking aloud, does anyone know if you can cycle through Green Park because that would be quite nice.

No you can't except along the edge parallel to Constitution Hill which won't help much for your route.
John1054

Post by John1054 »

Thanks to everyone for their help. I feel a lot happier now.
John.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

You're supposed to call out: "Mornington Crescent!"
Mick F. Cornwall
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Mick F wrote:You're supposed to call out: "Mornington Crescent!"

Aren't we playing the Cavendish Variation where you fall off before you can call it out?