Pictures of your recumbent

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
squeaker

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Post by squeaker »

New to me Fuego. Had one short ride on it, then did my back in digging out weeds in the garden :roll: :x :cry:
Attachments
FirstRun.jpg
"42"
hercule

Post by hercule »

squeaker wrote:New to me Fuego. Had one short ride on it, then did my back in digging out weeds in the garden :roll: :x :cry:

I've got one like that... Only in midnight blue, and deraillieurs rather than Rohloff, so not really like yours!

I've been very impressed with mine. Mine was pre-owned too, but you wouldn't have thought it to look at it (I had a hard job persuading the OH that I hadn't shelled out a fortune on a new bike). Solid and reliable (the BB7 brakes have caused me none of the headaches that they have on my trike), and very adaptable from laid flat out speed monster to more upright pootling machine as the whim dictates (sometimes several times during a ride). No complaints at all, except that I have to remember to balance. Trikes are easier in that respect...

It complements my other bent bike, my (age uncertain) Recycled Recumbent Mach 1, quite nicely

For a bike that is made up of bits of other dead bikes, the RR isn't that much slower than the Fuego and is wonderfully comfortable.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
kingrollo

Post by kingrollo »

Heres mine - brought it used almost a week ago - its my first bent and its taking some getting used to at the moment !!!!!

UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

Nice Giro. I tried a Euromesh seat on mine but I kept sliding forward on it when going over bumps. It needs to be quite reclined. The Recurve seat is better if you prefer to be more upright.
kingrollo

Post by kingrollo »

UpWrong wrote:Nice Giro. I tried a Euromesh seat on mine but I kept sliding forward on it when going over bumps. It needs to be quite reclined. The Recurve seat is better if you prefer to be more upright.

Thanks - I am only a week in - this morning I went to a local park - and felt much better. Thanks for the heads up about the seat, they aren't cheap though ! - I need a quite a few more miles, before I invest any more cash.... although while you here do you know of kickstand I purchase in the UK ?
hercule

Post by hercule »

The kickstand on my RR Mach 1 shown above is a standard Pletscher one extended with some tubing (held in place with epoxy resin). It works very well, but the RR does have twin bottom tubes which make the fitting of a conventional prop stand easy. The RR is also a home built bike so bodging and creative re-use is entirely fitting - perhaps not so on other machines. You could use a Click-stand as a lightweight alternative.
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

I don't have a kickstand on my Giro. Give Kevin a call at D-tek. He's also the man if you do decide to change the euromesh seat for a Recurve.
BlackPanther

Post by BlackPanther »

kingrollo wrote:Heres mine - brought it used almost a week ago - its my first bent and its taking some getting used to at the moment !!!!!

When I first bought my Bacchetta Strada I found myself slipping downwards over the bumps. The seat adjusts from 'armchair' to almost horizontal, and the more I rode and got used to it, the lower the seat went until I was only 3 holes from the bottom setting. The seat sliding stopped completely around 4 holes from the bottom. Although I could balance safely enough in traffic on the lowest setting, I found that my neck would ache if I went right down. There's also the benefit of better aerodynamics the lower you go. Try just dropping a hole every time you finish a ride......until your neck starts to hurt. :)

You've made a wise first 'bent choice. The low racers are a lot harder to ride, and I never felt as comfortable on the Optima Baron low racer as I did on the Strada. I miss the Strada, she was a breeze to ride/filter in heavy traffic. The only downside was that I got a few more, erm, unfavourable comments from kids. I guess that's the price of riding a high racer with superman bars through Doncaster town centre!
The photobucket images don't work !!!
Aushiker

Post by Aushiker »

kingrollo wrote:Thanks - I am only a week in - this morning I went to a local park - and felt much better. Thanks for the heads up about the seat, they aren't cheap though ! - I need a quite a few more miles, before I invest any more cash.... although while you here do you know of kickstand I purchase in the UK ?

Cannot help with a kickstand ex UK but I purchased the Bacchetta one from Bacchetta. IIRC postage was US$6.00 to Australia. Has worked well for me on my Giro ATT 20.

Enjoy your new ride.

Andrew
DavidBent

Re: Pictures of your recumbent Cumbria

Post by DavidBent »

speedmachine in cumbria
Attachments
speedmachine in cumbria
speedmachine in cumbria
Vangelo

Post by Vangelo »

Just joined forum....looking for other members in my area (Northants)

Been riding 3 years........started with a 2nd hand HP Speed Machine:
Didnt really like the small front wheel or the over-engineered front suspension. Modified to this as soon as I worked up the courage:
You may notice I had to jack up the suspension to retain front geometry, but this had the added bonus of eliminating the idler presenting the chain with a straight run. Bike was totally transformed after this modification.

I was intrigued by the stick bikes & when these appeared second hand I snapped them up:
The Team has gone home to Italy where I spend a few weeks in the year & get some great rides!

Finally, a Far Eastern Performer:
.....my fave :D
dkmwt

Post by dkmwt »

My first new ride that I got in March of this year. It's a Qnt 26 with front suspension and hydraulic disc brakes
my first new ride.jpg

My newest ride that I got from ICE last Wednesday. It's a standard first edition B1. As this one has a wheel missing I need to learn to ride it.
my new ride smaller.jpg
Cheers, Donald
Trice "Qnt 26" 26/39/55 F 10sp 11/36 R, now with Windwrap fairing.
ICE B1 34/50 F Capreo 9/32 R.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dkmwt/78674512/
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1188814973
sandb0x

Post by sandb0x »

Nazca Fuego - everyday workhorse. Just lovin' it!
Nazca Fuego - everyday workhorse. Just lovin' it!

Scorpion FS 20 - comfortable Sunday trips.
Scorpion FS 20 - comfortable Sunday trips.
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

Which rack pack on Fuego?
"42"