recommend cycle holiday company?

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
ronton

recommend cycle holiday company?

Post by ronton »

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a reliable cycle holiday operator for a (approx) 2-week LeJOG holiday in the UK. I'm after a supported trip whereby all accomodation and mechanical support is provided - I just want to enjoy the ride!

Many thanks!
mamil1959

Re: recommend cycle holiday company?

Post by mamil1959 »

i have recently finished lejog did it on my own camping,but met up with a group doing it with PEAK TOURS they could not praise them enough
very well looked after i met them most days as doing the same route,when it was realy wet they stoped me and gave me a cup of tea and cake
the leaders were realy nice people,they all seemed dedicated to make sure every one had a good trip,allways stayed with the last rider plenty of stops for refreshments,as for cost i dont realy know but the group seemed very happy with them
Vitara

Post by Vitara »

+1 for Peak Tours
RickH

Post by RickH »

Bike Adventures do several - looks like they have 3 x 2 weekers next year, plus a 9 day, a 3 week & a 2 week JOGLE.

I did one of their 2 week LEJOGs in 2009 (my reward to myself for getting cycling fit again at 50 after a break of several years) and I liked the setup enough to do 3 more tours, so far, with them since then.

Rick.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
LindaB

Post by LindaB »

On our June, 2014 self-supported LEJOG we "played tag" for several days with a group from "Saddle Skedaddle" (http://www.skedaddle.co.uk). Those we spoke to were all happy with the company, and the guide we rode with for a time was very nice. Not exactly a personal recomendation, but another company to take a look at.

LindaB
crazyguyonabike.com/doc/2014LEJOG
uppadine

Post by uppadine »

CTC Tours - excellent route and well organised by Chris Ellison. Personal recommendation.