Water bottle with mouth piece cover

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
awparker

Water bottle with mouth piece cover

Post by awparker »

Earlier this year my wife lost her small water bottle and I am finding trouble getting a suitable replacement.

I believe it was made by Elite, it had a simple mouth piece, just a tube not a pull on/off or squeeze type and most importantly had a cover to keep the dirt etc off the mouth piece.

Any help in locating such an article would be most gratefully received. None of the cycle shops or web searches have resolved the matter.

Alan
RickH

Re: Water bottle with mouth piece cover

Post by RickH »

Camelbak do a "Mud Cap" for their "Podium" bike bottles (which are my favourite currently available bottles) but they aren't easy to find stock of.

I've probably got a few of the old flip top Elite ones floating around at the back of a cupboard if you want one (or more), but bear in mind they will be 1990s vintage.

Rick.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Pneumant

Post by Pneumant »

awparker wrote:Earlier this year my wife lost her small water bottle and I am finding trouble getting a suitable replacement.

I believe it was made by Elite, it had a simple mouth piece, just a tube not a pull on/off or squeeze type and most importantly had a cover to keep the dirt etc off the mouth piece.

Any help in locating such an article would be most gratefully received. None of the cycle shops or web searches have resolved the matter.

Alan

Here you go:

http://www.wilko.com/bike-parts+accesso ... vt/0345641
RickH

Post by RickH »

That looks to me like the standard pull-the-top-with-your-teeth bottle with an added cap over it.

Rick.
gaz

Post by gaz »

Like these?
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

Last year I bought a couple of lidded bottles from Pro Cycle Hire in Mallorca. (i.e. normal valve with transluscent hinged and click fit cover over the top - and looks nicer than the Wilko Dalek thing). They were their own "Pro Cycle Hire Shop" labelled bottles. Looking at the bottle know, the manufacturing detail on the base simply reads Made in italy, and www.mossibike.com but this does seem to work on the net?

In the absence of any further feedback on here, perhaps an e mail to Pro Cycle may solve the mystery and identify a source (albeit in Spain? :roll: ). Pro Cycle Hire seems to be managed, if not indeed owned by a Brit so language or a quirky UK enquiry should not be a problem!

https://www.procyclehire.com/

I hope this may help?

Happy cycling
Ambler

Post by Ambler »

The Laken one fits into a bottle holder.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LAKEN®-Aluminum-Drinking-Laken-Volumen/dp/B00KTMSM6S/ref=sr_1_17?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1411420785&sr=1-17&keywords=laken+water+bottle
sore thumb

Post by sore thumb »

awparker wrote:Earlier this year my wife lost her small water bottle and I am finding trouble getting a suitable replacement.

Alan

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411420751.254168.jpg

Yes it's an Elite bottle, use it everyday for work in all weathers. Keep the c*** off the mouth piece.

Even though it's cheap, it works well and the best one I have found so far.

They sell them in halfords in different sizes. Yes I know "halfords" but it's the only place I have found them, and not too expensive either.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Some of the decathlon blue bottles used to come with a cap - might be an idea to check out their wonky website. Or, maybe easier, pop into one of their stores if any are handy for you.
Sweep
awparker

Post by awparker »

Thanks for all these replies which I am now following up.

Sorry to have been so long in replying - other matters got in the way

Alan
RickH

Post by RickH »

Selection of bottles<br />(click to enlarge)
Selection of bottles
(click to enlarge)
mik1138

Post by mik1138 »

I bought a Commonwealth Games 2014 water Bottle and it is exactly as you described ot sure if they are still available online
Oldskoolskater

Post by Oldskoolskater »

RickH

I'm in exactly the same position trying to find a replacement elite bottle and see that you have the pink version of my bottle whose hinge is about to snap off. Looks like the Isotar bottles on eBay may fit the bill..
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

Oldskoolskater wrote:RickH

I'm in exactly the same position trying to find a replacement elite bottle and see that you have the pink version of my bottle whose hinge is about to snap off. Looks like the Isotar bottles on eBay may fit the bill..

Rose Bikes sell an own-brand version in 500ml and 750ml sizes. It doesn't feel as robust as the old Elite ones - the plastic's very thin - but to be fair I've had mine for a couple of years and it's not cracked yet. The 750ml is only £1.85, though given the flat-rate £7.60 postage charge you really want to be ordering something else from them at the same time. http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rose ... aid:313925
Bikefayre

Post by Bikefayre »

sjscycles.co.uk do the bottles you need.