Legal help (not yet a member)

duckson

Legal help (not yet a member)

Post by duckson »

Hi, i'm not yet a CTC member and got knocked off my bike by a car a few days ago (car failed to give way at a roundabout coming from my left). If i subsequently join CTC would I be able to use their legal services if needs be?
Si

Re: Legal help (not yet a member)

Post by Si »

If you call membership services on 0844 736 8451 or 01483 238301 (local rate) they will be able to discuss your issues.
thirdcrank

Re: Legal help (not yet a member)

Post by thirdcrank »

duckson wrote:Hi, i'm not yet a CTC member and got knocked off my bike by a car a few days ago (car failed to give way at a roundabout coming from my left). If i subsequently join CTC would I be able to use their legal services if needs be?

You can benefit from pretty much the same legal service from the same solicitors by going to them direct.

http://www.slatergordon.co.uk/personal-injury/cycling/

Afaik, the only difference is that while either route is "no win, no fee" the CTC has a collective conditional fee agreement, which means that all the cash side is taken care of. Otherwise, you have to pay an insurance premium which you would normally get back later. (That's my layman's explanation - if you approach a solicitor they should explain it exactly.)

I think this is worth reading, but I would say that. :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49627