liver problems

landsurfer

liver problems

Post by landsurfer »

I'm 56. Just been diagnosed with non alcoholic fatty liver. Stunned ! !
I have worked hard to lose weight over the last 5 months. . Lost 4.5 stone. . Cycle at least 80 miles a week
And I end up with a fatty liver . . How do i resolve this. . My GP does not seem bothered. . .
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
notme2

Re: liver problems

Post by notme2 »

There is a form of corn syrup that goes straight to the liver in the form of fat and the liver can't cope with it.
I think its called HFCS
High Fructose Corn Syrup but it has other names its leading to most Americans having Fatty Livers and also one of their biggest killers
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

landsurfer wrote:I'm 56. Just been diagnosed with non alcoholic fatty liver. Stunned ! !
I have worked hard to lose weight over the last 5 months. . Lost 4.5 stone. . Cycle at least 80 miles a week
And I end up with a fatty liver . . How do i resolve this. . My GP does not seem bothered. . .
4.5 stone :shock: Presume you've found out more about the condition eg http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/fatty-liver-disease/Pages/Introduction.aspx Seems like the best plan is to continue what you are doing and keep up with the cycling.
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

We need a medical section on here what with fatty livers, acid reflux, dodgy hearts....... Are cyclists unusually unhealthy or are the unhealthy ones disproportionately attracted to this forum?