Notification

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Peter Molog

Notification

Post by Peter Molog »

The last few days I posted some messages. But I don't receive an e-mail with notification of a new answer.
I checked my profile (where I din't change anything)and that seems to be allright.

The only thing I can think of is, that posting an e-mail outside the UK is too expensive. :lol: :lol:

Is that correct?
Peter

Please, excuse my English. I'm Dutch.
mjr

Re: Notification

Post by mjr »

It would probably help if you can give the date/time/topic where you expected a notification email, so that admins may be able to confirm whether one was sent (or why not).

Also ask your email provider whether an email was attempted. They may have helpfully(!) rejected it as junk.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
gaz

Post by gaz »

Related topics.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=80624

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=83752

Clearly notifications don't work as they should. The forum is run on a shoestring budget, it appears that sorting it out will take more time and effort than are currently available.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Peter Molog

Post by Peter Molog »

mjr wrote:Also ask your email provider whether an email was attempted. They may have helpfully(!) rejected it as junk.
It never came to my mind that this could happen. In the past it never happend. But the problem is solved.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Peter

thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Peter Molog

I've just noticed your signature. Please don't feel obliged to apologise; your English is incomparably better than my Dutch (double or plain :wink: ) We may be envious of traffic conditions over there, but it's not personal. :D
Peter Molog

Post by Peter Molog »

thirdcrank wrote:I've just noticed your signature. Please don't feel obliged to apologise; your English is incomparably better than my Dutch
That last remark isn't made by me. :D
But seriously, you are thesecond one in a few days who says something about my signature. But I'm always afraid to use a word in the wrong way.
A former Prime Minister of the Netherlands once used "undertaker" when he was refering to an "entrepreneur". He just took the Dutch word, cut it in 2, translated both parts, en glued them together. The outcome was hilarious.
And that is a mistake a lot of Dutch people do, when they think to speak rather good English.

But I envy your trafficconditions.

This you will never see over here.
Peter

thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

All I'm really saying is please don't let a fear of the occasional howler put you off. If anybody laughs, they are laughing at themselves.

Nice picture, by the way. Where is it? It reminds me of Duck Street Lane in North Yorkshire.
Peter Molog

Post by Peter Molog »

thirdcrank wrote:Nice picture, by the way. Where is it? It reminds me of Duck Street Lane in North Yorkshire.

Wrong. It's a bit more North. Unst (Shetlands) see also: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=83193&p=838297#p837707
Peter

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm currently investigating (and having trouble with) upgrading the Forum to the latest phpBB3 code.

The new code has had a major re-write, and hopefully they've made the notification system more reliable than is has been.