Insurance?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Maysdad

Insurance?

Post by Maysdad »

I've been commuting to work for 18 months now (3 days a week, 17 mile round trip) and also regularly go on longer more challenging rides, all road based.

A combination of a few recent near misses and starting to plan for a 12 day JOGLE in 2015 mean I've realised I have no insurance liability cover.

Any advice on whether this is worth while at all and if so which is most suitbable would be appreciated. The only one I've looked at so far is the British Cycling Ride Membership.

Thanks
Grandad

Re: Insurance?

Post by Grandad »

British Cycling Ride will give you Public Liability (also known as Third Party) insurance to cover your liability if you cause an accident.

Have all the recent near misses been your fault? If not then you need separate insurance that gives you a pre-determined amount of money if you suffer injury.
gaz

Re: Insurance?

Post by gaz »

Maysdad wrote:...Any advice on whether this is worth while at all and if so which is most suitbable would be appreciated...

Welcome to the forum. You want advice* .... eeek!

CTC Members benefit from Third Party Insurance.

*Please note that gaz is not FCA regulated and cannot assess individual needs for insurance. You will not receive advice or recommendations from gaz about them. Read the fact sheet and FAQs on the CTC website carefully to decide which policy suits your requirements. If you are still unsure, ring CTC's brokers directly on 0151 494 4400. Other providers and policies may be available. May contain nuts.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Maysdad

Insurance?

Post by Maysdad »

Non of the near misses were my fault (loose dogs & vans pulling into bus/cycle lanes mainly).

Thanks for the advice Gaz! I'll have a look at this!