TOP GEAR- Sunday- gotta watch this one!

gar

Re:TOP GEAR- Sunday- gotta watch this one!

Post by gar »

I shouldn't mix with the travellers in the village!
They slip it in to my drinks!

Still when there are 150 villagers and 75 are travellers and gypsies, I have to talk to somebody;
Curiously enough the other 75 don't even know of the travellers existence, but they are nearly all over 70, or second homeows,so it is scarcely surprising.
gar

Post by gar »

Are Production companies not formed to produce one show, ie one channel in modern parlance.
Spinneyhead

Post by Spinneyhead »

Not quite a cycling TV programme, but I'm planning to do a few short vblogs on cycling. Are there any Manchester based members who'd like to be the subject of a 1 minute "me and my bike" segment?

It'll go on http://www.spinneyhead.co.uk/2wheels/ when it's done.
Spinneyhead

Post by Spinneyhead »

www.spinneyhead.co.uk/2wheels/ Why did it stick another http:// in there?
gar

Post by gar »

It's got a funy way of doing things Spinney. Think of it as a penny farthing.

Your comment about video on your site is a most interesting one...... that we should be concentrating on the new forms of communicatiob becoz it is the oldies who are against the pushbike (60's anti push bike) and the kidz who are cyclists are keen on seeing all this cool stuff on web video.

But it may still take a long time to gestate as a
form of effective communication. My BBC web film clips are not much good compared with steam TV... but even then the main audience of steam TV unless it were named the CYCLING and Skateboard CHANNEL
are oldies. The millions audiences is oldies millions.

Archive is the most difficult thing to acquire in terms of production. Is there any worthwhile cycling film ARCHIVE?

What about the Community channel on Sky/Dig
for putting your video clips on there too?
That would be improved exposure.

Some wag on this forum posts something he calls cycling dot tv to improve his hit counter reading. Bit silly but the thought is there.

Do people watch television any more?
I watch the pc television radio sites for my info,
occasionally a detective story on the big box.

It is all a question of NANObytes and bigger
gar

Post by gar »

Archive is quite good by now for Race track cycling that you have got on your site AND good for Triathlon.

But that would not fill a Channel on sky.
there are so many different Cycling disciplines, it is easy to offend people by discusing the wrong one!

There are a few Travel channel Cycling correspondents (may be two or three hours of film that they have got....long distance " solo" journeys.)

but what have ypou seen of mountain bike events .... other than the new discipline at the olympics... which was well covered and for which again there is quite a lot of footage/ metreage. I have never seen Mountain bikes
competition covered like that.
Are there any other such events as precusrors to the international events? that was close to orienteering but are orienteering events covered by anybody.

It all needs to be pulled together...... then you have got a developing archive.
Hilldodger

Post by Hilldodger »

It all needs to be pulled together...... then you have got a developing archive.

So, go and do it then.
Andy

Post by Andy »

You chaps really don't have anything better to do than talk about Clarkson..... Honestly.

You can rant on and on but it'll not make Mr Clarkson change his views. To be honest you'd be better off campaigning within your local areas.

As for me, well, I'm off to getting muddy with my Mountain Bike! I think when I get home, I may just take the Ferrari out : )