My kingdom for some rim tape...

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
fluffybunnyuk

My kingdom for some rim tape...

Post by fluffybunnyuk »

I got a wheel back from my wheelbuilder. No rim tape on it so I spent the day ripping the house apart looking for some.
Surrendered the next day and went to get some at the shop. Got home realised after adding the tyre etc and seating the wheel in the fork that i had mislaid my allen key set. So this time i started at the other end of the house....

Now ive finished extemporising with the more colourful words in the language,
I wonder what things have driven you crazy looking for them?
nicmarsh

Re: My kingdom for some rim tape...

Post by nicmarsh »

i wonder if you found anything you had forgotten you lost?
fluffybunnyuk

Post by fluffybunnyuk »

oh yes! a ton of stuff that may be useful in another context but wasnt right now that i promptly re-lost ripping the house apart...
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

thats very mean of your wheel builder? When I got my rear wheel from Spa it had a rim tape. Live and learn, I wouldnt use your guy, as you found a rim tape not the thing u have in your tool box.
gaz

Post by gaz »

I've currently misplaced a pair of unworn winter cycling gloves I bought from Aldi in the Summer.

I took them out of storage 6-8 weeks back but decided not to wear them that day. Common sense tells me that they either went into a pannier/saddlebag in case I wanted to put them on later or they went back in the wardrobe.

Trouble is they're not in either of those places :evil: .
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

In the middle of a woodworking task I COULD NOT find my pencil, having searched for 20 minutes all pockets, toolboxes, worksurfaces and under bench I eventually found it behind my ear :roll:
SteveHunter

Post by SteveHunter »

Tape measures, I have quite a few of them which all come out of the toolbox when I am building something. I can never find one though, I always have to get the wife to come and help me look and she can normally see at least 2 or 3 of them without really looking.
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Tore the wardrobe apart looking for my Winter riding gloves. Then found them strapped to the top of my pannier bag where I'd put them a few days before ...
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Marbles, never did find them
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

fluffybunnyuk wrote:...I wonder what things have driven you crazy looking for them?

Many, many things.

However I do have a theory; it may or may not not be entirely original, but my theory is that the thing that you are looking for is actually in the first place you thought of looking, but you just didn't see it because you didn't look hard enough...

Anyone else had the same thing?

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

That elusive Allen key you spend half an hour searching for despite having used it only a few minutes earlier then finding it was right next to you before you started searching for it...
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
tatanab

Post by tatanab »

Had your wheel come with a rim tape it would certainly have been of the wrong sort so you would have been searching the house for the preferred type anyway.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

I spent a few day looking for my skull cap when we had a cold spell a few weeks back and found it in the pannier bag where I put it in case the ride home was colder than bare headed last winter, also found my bag scales that I couldn't find in the week when I got the bin liners out of a kitchen drawer. Gog help me when I get to the age of the regulars here :lol:
manybikes

Post by manybikes »

Marbles, never did find them
(XAB) Bob Very droll. I like it and empathise.
gaz

Post by gaz »

gaz wrote:I've currently misplaced a pair of unworn winter cycling gloves I bought from Aldi in the Summer.

Just found them :D . Hiding at the bottom of my shorts drawer, what was I thinking of to end up putting them there :? .
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade