Pumping up 29er 2.4inch tyres

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
Vantage

Re: Pumping up 29er 2.4inch tyres

Post by Vantage »

Not this by any chance is it?
http://m.evanscycles.com/products/bontr ... p-ec055417

I bought one a few months ago after my Topeak mini started leaking air from the tyres faster than it went in.
At the time it was £23 ish I think and so far I'm very impressed. Got my girlfriends 26x1.75 tyres up to 50psi easily and a club members 700x23 up to 110psi with a smidgen of effort after his mini morph fell to bits, literally. My favorite bit of this pump is the copied from Topeak but superior foot stand. Bontragers effort is an alloy box section which with the steel pin hinging it, slides back into the pumps end for extra reinforcement. I've not got the pump to hand to show this right now, but is a great deal stronger than I experienced with the mini morph.
The hose is nice and long too and the valve thumb lock easy to use.
Utter utter brilliant pump :)
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

I bought one of these as new(thanks Ali :wink: ) from a forum member:- http://www.topeak.com/products/Pumps/TurboMorphG
It does a brilliant job,well pleased :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
JohnMcL7

Post by JohnMcL7 »

Vantage wrote:Not this by any chance is it?
http://m.evanscycles.com/products/bontr ... p-ec055417

I bought one a few months ago after my Topeak mini started leaking air from the tyres faster than it went in.
At the time it was £23 ish I think and so far I'm very impressed. Got my girlfriends 26x1.75 tyres up to 50psi easily and a club members 700x23 up to 110psi with a smidgen of effort after his mini morph fell to bits, literally. My favorite bit of this pump is the copied from Topeak but superior foot stand. Bontragers effort is an alloy box section which with the steel pin hinging it, slides back into the pumps end for extra reinforcement. I've not got the pump to hand to show this right now, but is a great deal stronger than I experienced with the mini morph.
The hose is nice and long too and the valve thumb lock easy to use.
Utter utter brilliant pump :)

Yep, that's the one - I haven't needed to use it yet but impressed with the design and feel of it, it's good to gear you've found it works well.

John
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

reohn2 wrote:
Bicycler wrote:It really doesn't take as long as you think to get wide mtb tyres up to the correct (low) pressure. It is a pain in the backside with a tiny mini pump but a decent pump should make light work of it.

BTW, the gauge version of the Mountain Morph is called the Turbo Morph (who thinks these names up?). I have that one.

There's a problem carrying a big frame fit pump on the bike,It doesn't fit anywhere :? ATM I'm carrying a small one in the rackpack but wondered if there was something better.I have a Mini Morph which is next to useless with big tyres :?

New bike R2?

Meet the Tractor :mrgreen: :-

I'm loving Mr Tractor. That's just my type of thing!...b
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

reohn2 wrote:
Bicycler wrote:It really doesn't take as long as you think to get wide mtb tyres up to the correct (low) pressure. It is a pain in the backside with a tiny mini pump but a decent pump should make light work of it.

BTW, the gauge version of the Mountain Morph is called the Turbo Morph (who thinks these names up?). I have that one.

There's a problem carrying a big frame fit pump on the bike,It doesn't fit anywhere :? ATM I'm carrying a small one in the rackpack but wondered if there was something better.I have a Mini Morph which is next to useless with big tyres :?

New bike R2?

Yes...apart from still drooling over the bike and budgeting for a new pump (my 15 year old track pump has busticated seals) I have just got to know about those mudguards. What have you cobbled together there with all those stays? Do you get any crud catching near the BB?....b
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Heltor Chasca wrote:..... I have just got to know about those mudguards. What have you cobbled together there with all those stays? Do you get any crud catching near the BB?....b

The m/guards are 65mm Blumels (from Spa £20 per pair),I bought two pair and used the two rears,one on the rear and one on the front.The rear fitted to the front has the 'L' bracket and one of the stay brackets from a spare front guard,pop riveted onto the (rear)longer front.The stays to front of the fork again are made from the spare ones and fixed to the mid fork lowrider brazeons.The rear has a deflector fitted and the front has a mudflap made from truck inner tube,that's within 30mm of the road surface.
With the m/guards and flaps fitted the bike and rider remain remarkably clean even in some very mucky winter conditions and the BB remains totally clean.
Here's the latest photo with some slight changes:-
W H Auden
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

That is a staggeringly beauty of a bike. You should be proud.......b
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Heltor Chasca wrote:That is a staggeringly beauty of a bike. You should be proud.......b

In a kind of rugged and windswept way,in a certain light I s'pose it could be described as beautiful.
Though I'd describe it as more 'honest workmanlike' myself :wink:
But thanks anyway :D

PS,If it strums yer strings here's some more photos:-
https://picasaweb.google.com/1046928466 ... directlink
W H Auden
TrackerT

Post by TrackerT »

reohn2 wrote:

New bike R2?

What are the mudguards you have on your Genesis tractor? I have a hard tail MTB with 27.7 wheels and 2.4" tyres and want full mudguards on them.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

They're the 65mm 700c ones of this page:- https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m2b62s80p38 ... -Mudguards
But they seem to be out of stock presently perhaps another supplier could oblige :wink:
W H Auden