Types of pads in shorts

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
don1
Posts: 107
Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 8:06pm

Re: Types of pads in shorts

Postby don1 » 23 Apr 2015, 8:05pm

I've found the Planet X 365 shorts to be very good. Usually £40, I've noticed recently they've been on sale at £20.
http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPXP3BS/p ... bib-shorts

PH
Posts: 9964
Joined: 21 Jan 2007, 12:31am
Location: Derby
Contact:

Re: Types of pads in shorts

Postby PH » 23 Apr 2015, 8:13pm

I think you have to try them and see, though these are expensive experiments. One of the problems is the shape will make as much of a difference as the material, plus how the pad which was probably bought in fits with the cut of the short. I've had a couple of pairs that I really liked only to find when it came to replace them that the design had changed. In the end I gave up, spent the money of saddles and no longer use padded shorts.

nez
Posts: 1862
Joined: 19 Jun 2008, 12:11am

Re: Types of pads in shorts

Postby nez » 24 Apr 2015, 10:00am

You can get padded underpants - Borah make them - then the pad goes in the right place and you can wear tracks bottoms or even pad less bibs over them. The pants are very light - made of a sort of mesh

maxcherry
Posts: 664
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 5:53pm

Re: Types of pads in shorts

Postby maxcherry » 24 Apr 2015, 10:15am

I'm better without padding. I have tried various brands, but I find them to be so uncomfortable.
I find Lycra jogging bottoms and my BHS knickers keeps me going all day.
Honestly chaps, I'm a female!

reohn2
Posts: 40711
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Types of pads in shorts

Postby reohn2 » 24 Apr 2015, 4:06pm

maxcherry wrote:I'm better without padding. I have tried various brands, but I find them to be so uncomfortable.
I find Lycra jogging bottoms and my BHS knickers keeps me going all day.


I think I'll have to try some of those Bloomin' High Society knickers :shock: :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------

maxcherry
Posts: 664
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 5:53pm

Re: Types of pads in shorts

Postby maxcherry » 24 Apr 2015, 4:30pm

reohn2 wrote:
maxcherry wrote:I'm better without padding. I have tried various brands, but I find them to be so uncomfortable.
I find Lycra jogging bottoms and my BHS knickers keeps me going all day.


I think I'll have to try some of those Bloomin' High Society knickers :shock: :wink:


Black ones make you go faster :wink:
Honestly chaps, I'm a female!

reohn2
Posts: 40711
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Types of pads in shorts

Postby reohn2 » 24 Apr 2015, 4:48pm

maxcherry wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
maxcherry wrote:I'm better without padding. I have tried various brands, but I find them to be so uncomfortable.
I find Lycra jogging bottoms and my BHS knickers keeps me going all day.


I think I'll have to try some of those Bloomin' High Society knickers :shock: :wink:


Black ones make you go faster :wink:


Stop it! :shock:
-----------------------------------------------------------

botty
Posts: 97
Joined: 31 Dec 2014, 8:24pm

Re: Types of pads in shorts

Postby botty » 24 Apr 2015, 7:32pm

BHS knickers keeps me going all day.


my wife might worry if I go down that route. :)