Rotherham week day rides?

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
landsurfer

Rotherham week day rides?

Post by landsurfer »

Well, paid my subs for another year and would love to meet up with fellow "mature" cyclists for weekday rides. . Rotherham, Sheffield and Worksop areas , I have transport and a twin bike rack... Wife is very pro cycling ....as long as it does not include her ... ( winter time only lol )..;.. Please drop me a message if that's what works for you.. David.
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
Brian73

Re: Rotherham week day rides?

Post by Brian73 »

I ride with Rotherham Wheelers, we have rides on Monday 10am at the Plough, Micklebring and Wednesday 9.30am outside the Consort Hotel Thurcroft. We usually do 40-45 miles averaging 15mph with a café stop. Ages range from late 30s to 70+ years. Although we're a road club we're not speed merchants. Usually there's about half a dozen riders for the midweek rides.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

40 miles at 15mph ...... not sure if i could maintain that these days. i have recently returned to cycling and have not regained my fitness yet.
Be more Mike.
Bazza55

Post by Bazza55 »

Hi David, Julie,
There is a very active group in Sheffield "sheffieldctc.org.uk" putting on three rides a week, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday during summer. Doncaster have a group also (details same website) holding rides every Sunday from Elmfield Park. There was a group in Rotherham up until a couple of years ago, I understand they still meet at the pub in Ravenfield and arrange informal rides.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

thanks Bazza, i live less than a mile from the pub in ravenfield and will try and track them down.... via the landlord ?
Be more Mike.
Rotherhamlad

Post by Rotherhamlad »

I'm a member of the Rotherham Wheelers. We meet Saturday's, Monday's and Wednesday's at Wickersley library at 09:30 (Monday's and Wednesday's will be 10:00 once the clocks go back, this is to give any frost a chance to dissipate)
We are a progressive club that can accommodate beginners and those returning to cycling
Please see the wheelers website for details
Please come and try a ride with us with no obligation to join
The website contains a schedule of rides with a map of the route. Please note that anyone wishing to ride a shorter distance will be accommodated
Rotherhamlad

Post by Rotherhamlad »

Landsurfer
As a follow up to my previous post. The Monday and Wednesday group at the wheelers are certainly mature, the youngest is 60 and the eldest being 72
Younger members do join us but we always ride to the slowest rider. No one is ever left behind.
As I said, come and give us a try
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

off to Ireland next week but will be there the following Wednesday ...many thanks for getting in touch ...b
Be more Mike.