Pictures of your recumbent

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
Cunobelin

Re: Pictures of your recumbent

Post by Cunobelin »

My latest addition to the stable

Last edited by Cunobelin on 19 Sep 2014, 11:00pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandb0x

Post by sandb0x »

Trick_Cyclist

Post by Trick_Cyclist »

azub.jpg
My newest acquisition an AZUB Origami folding recumbent to replace my loved Bike Friday. It will be a lot faster to fold & unfold - with a really neatykeen under seat bag.
PDQ

Post by PDQ »

I like it!!!
I had a quick look around at the reviews. Wieght could be less but would seem to ride quite well. And so handy!

The addition of some sort of rear suspension would be a great asset IMHO. Enjoy.
Trick_Cyclist

Post by Trick_Cyclist »

Well the Origami isn't light, but the alternatives were heavier - especially if they had suspension. Toxy don't have a UK dealer so one can't try it out & the Challenge alternative is a lot more expensive & heavier and I ride the non-folding version everyday. The bike I really wanted has never been produced: http://youtu.be/nyVb9cZRD1E the folding Optima.
I would like to be able to get inside Eurostar's packing size limit, but only the Toxy claimed to be able to do that. I'm going to experiment a bit. The neat fold http://youtu.be/EsVgkLP3D28 & day bag were the clinchers - and I could try one out at Bikefix.
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

Trick_Cyclist wrote:The bike I really wanted has never been produced: http://youtu.be/nyVb9cZRD1E the folding Optima

You and a good few more, I suspect! A very compact fold 8)

What gears do you have on the Origami?
"42"
Trick_Cyclist

Post by Trick_Cyclist »

I decided to go with Alfine - 11. I couldn't justify Rohloff or Dual Drive to myself & I think hub gears suit recumbents. This is the second new bike I have ever bought so it was nice to have the choice.
Allydoug

Post by Allydoug »

IMG_0316.JPG
IMG_0314.JPG
IMG_0314.JPG (15.42 KiB) Viewed 4009 times
This is our Red Pepper :D
It is very unique because instead of it having a front triple it has a 3speed and a cassette.
Trick_Cyclist

Post by Trick_Cyclist »

I agree SRAM dual drive is just the thing for recumbents
Joe.B

Post by Joe.B »

Here's a couple of our new (to us) ICE Expadition tandem. I only had one good ride on it before setting it up for the Daughter instead. At the moment the SRAM dual drive is stuck in bottom so even on the big ring and small sprocket we were spinning out at about 18mph.
Hills were a very slow slogg but we didn't half fly along on the flat bits.
The Heinzmann Direct Drive kit will be fitted in a few weeks so it will fly up-hill too then:)

IMAG0158 by Joe.Audax, on Flickr

tmp_9346-Photo0194~2657983213 by Joe.Audax, on Flickr
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Grr, jealous
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
hercule

Winter's not over yet

Post by hercule »

Legs weren't working today. First few miles were very slow so decided to do some exploring in the local forest. We had snow flurries yesterday, didn't realise quite how much. However it was melting fast, when I stopped to take this photo it sounded as if someone had left a tap running...

firedfromthecircus

Post by firedfromthecircus »

I'm a tadpole man myself, but that looks very cool. 8)
hercule

Post by hercule »

firedfromthecircus wrote:I'm a tadpole man myself, but that looks very cool. 8)

Each has its pros and cons. I know - the Kett shares the stable with a Trice QNT! The Kett is a very good climber and carries on powering up the sort of gradients that the tadpole spins out on. Ideal for this sort of riding. I've had it up and down local MTB trails and whilst a conventional MTB is much faster, the Kett adds a whole different dimension. Unfortunately my rather fast descent yesterday meant I hit a patch of corrugated caterpillar tracks at some speed and one of the rear mudguards shook itself to pieces :( . I normally descent with a bit more circumspection but a gravel bend at 20mph downhill is rather fun on three wheels...
firedfromthecircus

Post by firedfromthecircus »

Is yours 2 or 1 wheel drive? Am I right in thinking the 2 wheel drive differential is quite recent?

After looking at your picture I decided to price up a Kett, just for interests sake you understand!
I specced it as I would like it, so Rohloff, 2wd, dynamo hub, schlumpf etc. :shock:
Suffice it to say I will not be ordering one this week! :lol: