vasculitis

cols3064

vasculitis

Post by cols3064 »

ive been diagnosed with small vessel vasculitis and it is having a big impact on my life currently, does anyone on here have it also and how has it affected your cycling and lifestyle?
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: vasculitis

Post by Mick F »

Our Daughter1 has vasculitis and she's been on large doses of medication for many years. Her body was rejecting itself and causing major problems to lungs and kidneys. She eventually had a kidney transplant and her lungs have recovered.

I'm no expert on this - she's the expert! She's 40 next month, and for the first time in over ten years, she's managed a whole year without a single day off with illness. The new kidney has been the saving of her and we'll be eternally grateful to the bereaved family who allowed the transplant.

Her problem was that the condition took years of diagnosis and the damage was done. Hopefully you'll be well looked after but as far as I know, there is no cure.

She runs and she cycles, so there isn't much holding her back. She's had a child - he's five now - and she's just landed a new job here in Cornwall. Providing she keeps fit and well, she'll be fine. No doubt you need to keep fit and well too, and you'll be fine.

Keep taking the tablets.
Mick F. Cornwall
cols3064

Re: vasculitis

Post by cols3064 »

hi mike,when i first was taken ill end of april this year i spent three weeks in hospital,but they found what was wrong with me and ive had many tests scans,cameras here there every were,and up to now no organ damage ,the drugs are a problem at the mo finding the right one to suit me,
hope your daughter keeps well
regards colin