Hub Jub - quality service!

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Andy S

Hub Jub - quality service!

Post by Andy S »

Ordered a set of handlebars via the Hub Jub website at 10 pm last Friday night, they arrived before 8:30 am on Monday - even had a note of thanks for the order on the invoice! The best part is the top quality of the bars (Nitto)

Highly recommended.

andy
piedwagtail91

Post by piedwagtail91 »

seconded,excellent service with a personal touch.
johnmac

Post by johnmac »

HubJub are excellent. Pity they don't stock a bigger range of stuff.
glueman

Post by glueman »

Very good. Last time I ordered a stem I got a hand written note asking how I was getting on with the previous stuff I'd ordered about 9 months before!
glueman

Post by glueman »

Bought some track nuts from them, a tenner a pair! Or am I just a tight wad? Anyway, I can say the fixie has Dura Ace kit now.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

glueman wrote:Bought some track nuts from them, a tenner a pair! Or am I just a tight wad? Anyway, I can say the fixie has Dura Ace kit now.

You could have had mine for that kind of money :?
Dean

Post by Dean »

Yep, Will runs a great service - the last time I bought something, he asked about a sprocket I'd bought about a year earlier. I'm slightly disappointed that it's such a long time since I bought anything there...
piscisvisio

Hub Jub, Gud Jub er... Job :P

Post by piscisvisio »

I bought a Nitto Bullhorn bar & a Nitto Pearl stem, they arrived the next day beautifully packed (it was almost a shame to open it) & there was a nice friendly hand written message on the invoice too, a nice touch I thought :D
I'd definately use them again :mrgreen:
EdinburghFixed

Post by EdinburghFixed »

I absolutely recommend Will at Hubjub. I've had loads of stuff from him and it has always come quickly with zero hassle.

If you need any advice on your purchase send an email - he'll be only too happy to help!

(I was impressed by the hand-written touch too. In fact that's what prompted me to make my second order! :roll:)
neila

Post by neila »

I've used them a few times. They always give great service.
rogerzilla

Post by rogerzilla »

Can't fault them. When I wanted an oddly-spaced, oddly-drilled ENO hub, Will found one within the week.
Alport

Re: Hub Jub - quality service!

Post by Alport »

I wanted to resurrect this thread to reinforce the comments I found here.
I've just bought a Nitto Pearl stem from HubJub and their service was second to none.
Will gave me lots of advice, even when it could have meant that he didn't get a sale!
There was a glitch when the order didn't arrive - but the problem was sorted without any problems - and with that rare event - an apology!
I would thoroughly recommend them, Will in particular. Fantastic service.
hayers

Post by hayers »

Have used Hubjub a fiew times over the past couple of years and every time have had great service.
iow

Post by iow »

just bought a pair of rims from them and would echo all the positive comments above - hand written 'thank you' note is a pleasant touch.
mark
sussex cyclist

Post by sussex cyclist »

Chompsky

and I are big fans of HubjubJohn.

I recently had a question about a bottom bracket & some very close fitting cranks I'd bought from him. His reply will give you an idea of the lengths to which he goes to be helpful:
Hello Sam,

I've tried a crank on a 103 bottom bracket and I can see what you mean - the inner profile of the crank slips a little way inside the splines. I tried a few different cranks and they were all consistent in the fit so the tolerance of manufacture is good. There didn't seem to be any contact though (although I didn't fit an axle bolt) so I think it is correct. You are correct that 103 is the recommended length. If the chainline is correct I would be happy to run the cranks with the slight overlap into the recess. I do recall fitting a longer axle with a single ring setup but if I recall correctly that was to get the chainring to clear the chainstay rather than an issue with the crank / cup clearance, If the chainline allows, it would certainly not be a problem to use a longer axle.

Hopefully this all makes sense! As far as I can tell you are correctly fitting the correct parts, but do let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
I've also found he's able to get things not listed on his site.