Shimano-Campag mix

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
roger72

Shimano-Campag mix

Post by roger72 »

Can I use a shimano STI lever to operate a campag front double changer. Does anyone know please.
Young@Heart

Re: Shimano-Campag mix

Post by Young@Heart »

I've done so without problem many times. Might not be as sharp it crisp as Campag but will work.
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

in theory yes - i run the other way around on a couple of bikes without issue :D
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

IIRC the cable pull of a shimano 'road' STI is slightly different. You can usually sort this out by altering the cable mount if needs be, using a specially shaped washer.

BTW that the converse works fine (campag ergo with shimano mech) is not that relevant because ergos have many positions on the LH shifter and shimano STIs don't.

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CREPELLO

Post by CREPELLO »

I run a Veloce triple FD off RSX STI's, potentially a much tricky proposition than setting up a double, but it works very well. You'll need to reclamp the cable on the other side of the clamp bolt to get a more appropriate cable pull.