Black Friday cycling deals anyone?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Tonyf33

Black Friday cycling deals anyone?

Post by Tonyf33 »

So I want to get some goodies but am holding off until Friday to see if any of the big companies will be doing additional discounts/deals for 'Black Friday'.
Just wondering if people have any advance warnings/knowledge of great deals that are forthcoming?
Merlin are already offering an additional 7.5% on Shimano 11 speed, Wiggle are offering £15 off a £100 spend on clothing/helmets/shoes or £40 off for a £200 spend

The above are also eligible for an additional 3% 'cashback' through topcashback if you aren't already signed up, there are most of the well known outlets offering an extra % some up to 5% on bikes/components, here's the list http://www.topcashback.co.uk/cycling/cashback/
I think Quidco do similar
al_yrpal

Re: Black Friday cycling deals anyone?

Post by al_yrpal »

AW cycles Reading, at least 20% off everything in the shop. And up to 50% off they say.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Halfords will no doubt be selling their excellent but very cheap Clarkes cycle chains at a much reduced price? :wink:
Tiberius

Post by Tiberius »

Seems to me that the No1 item on a everybodies ‘Black Friday’ shopping list is the……BIG TELLY !!!

Shops are alive with them….Argos/Curry’s/Sainsbury’s/Tesco’s….You can’t move for….. BIG TELLYs !!!

Those little catalogues that arrive within the morning paper, full of ….….BIG TELLYs !!!

People pushing trolleys out of Supermarkets….full of grub, and topped off with a…..BIG TELLY !!!

I can absolutely guarantee that the news bulletins on Friday evening will be full of people pursuing their desperate need for a…….BIG TELLY !!!

I can give you the same guarantee that Saturday morning’s newspapers will have numerous pictures of people falling over themselves…sweating…red in the face…cut…..bruised and positively foaming at the mouth….ALL brought on by their craving for a….BIG TELLY !!!

And I will tell you something else….That 32” pile of crap in our front room is on it’s way on Friday…I’m off shopping….. :wink:

Good Luck All !!!!!……. :mrgreen:
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Two years ago I purchased a 40" Samsung smart TV on Black Friday (which wasn't really on the public's radar at that time) Since then I haven't seen any Samsungs to beat the price I got. I can't understand how anyone is making any money from this event? The 4k ones are a con because you can't get 4k broadcasts yet and Which reckon that with the curved ones all you get are unwelcome reflections. Methinks Telly makers are a bit desperate because the market is already saturated with ultra reliable flat screen kit.
I am keeping my eye on the price of a particular Sigma camera lens though.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

I have a SMALL TELLY well not really I use that much maligned MS Media Center software that MS has ditched from WIndows 10 on a pc with a 24" monitor that is fully HD and thats fine for me - used to watch tv programmes on it until I stopped paying the BBC tv license and now just watch the 16TB of tv shows/films/dvds I have accumulated over the years on the HD 8) Much better than BIG TELLYS that you have to consider how you are going to get the box home and up the stairs :lol:
bainbridge

Post by bainbridge »

It seems that Black Friday has spanned most of November so far, every bike etailer I've ever purchased something from is doing it and the actual deals are average.

Black Friday is just a Christmas sale now.
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

The best deal is watching clips online of people fighting for run of the mill items (mostly BIG TELLYS) as though they are the last loaf of bread in Soviet Russia. I feel for the staff though.
rjb

Post by rjb »

Black Friday - you all missed it - happened last week :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
greyingbeard

Post by greyingbeard »

I havent got a telly, big or otherwise

was Man Friday Black ?
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

greyingbeard wrote:I havent got a telly, big or otherwise

was Man Friday Black ?

you poor poor person? what is life without a BIG TELLY? Shall we all put together a collection so greyingbeard can join the masses later this week and come home with a BIG TELLY? :lol:
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

mercalia wrote:

was Man Friday Black ?

you poor poor person? what is life without a BIG TELLY? Shall we all put together a collection so greyingbeard can join the masses later this week and come home with a BIG TELLY? :lol:

And me! And Mick F down in Cornwall. Neither of us have BIG TELLYS. Or any tellys. What to do?

I have a wood burner I can stare at if I feel the need to zone out [emoji91]

(I'm happy that way TBH)
yakdiver

Post by yakdiver »

was Man Friday Black ?

I'm the same
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

There'd need to be something actually on TV worth watching to warrant the buying of a BIG TELLY IMHO.
We've innumerable channels and other than maybe four programmes per week,it's complete and utter tripe,if it weren't for the spring classics,the Giro and the odd film I'd gladly give our 23inch TV away.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
greyingbeard

Post by greyingbeard »

I'll be lighting the woodburner if it gets any colder. Lovely to sit in front of, gaze into, heats the whole house, nothing nicer than on open fire but the box chucks out a lot more heat