Black Friday cycling deals anyone?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
loch eck steve

Re: Black Friday cycling deals anyone?

Post by loch eck steve »

al_yrpal wrote:
beardy wrote:Just when you thought Black Friday was over and The Black Friday Weekend had passed, we get

Cyber Monday.

What will tomorrow be?

Debt Tuesday?

Al

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bainbridge

Post by bainbridge »

Well I caved in on Sunday and bought some shorts for £20, toe warmers for a tenner and heavy duty overshoes for about £15.

Justification:

Shorts: I have 3 pairs, 1 expensive and 2 dirt cheap. Guess which pair gets washed and dried in time for the next day? The cheap ones are fine for a short ride but anything over a morning ride gets uncomfortable, so I invested in another decent pair reduced from £60 (which is probably a horrendous mark up).

Toe warmers: Only had the current ones for a year but have made lots of small tears in the front from them catching on the mudguard struts on my new bike (will have to saw the excess off ).

Overshoes: Knackered the last ones out but they lasted 10 years.

Also bought everything a size up to fit my touring shoes and larger backside.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

I got myself six pairs of $70 cycling shorts for $10 ea from Primal Wear over the weekend. :grin:
beardy

Post by beardy »

Turns out that Cyber Monday has been extended to "Cyber Week" but there is hope, "Must End Monday"
At last! sigh.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

beardy wrote:Turns out that Cyber Monday has been extended to "Cyber Week" but there is hope, "Must End Monday"
At last! sigh.

But which Monday? :twisted:
Bowak

Post by Bowak »

I finally caved and bought a 2015 Giant Defy 3 on the Saturday - Blue Saturday? (might as well name it after the bike's colour). I've been tempted for a couple of years so that I'll have a pure road bike to go alongside the tourer and mtb, and at just £400 I finally ran out of willpower.

I'm glad too as it's bloody brilliant and has the makings of being a great weekend ride bike.