Just checking about ebay

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
freeflow

Just checking about ebay

Post by freeflow »

I've had an email from ebay about me changing my email address. But I haven't. SO logging on from a completely seperate PC I can't log on and when trying to get a new password ebay claims my email address doesn't exist.

I log onto the chat help explain the problem and the first thing I'm asked for is full name, user ID, address, and telephone number used with the account.

Is this a sophisticated scam?

I've been an ebay user for many many years.
grani

Re: Just checking about ebay

Post by grani »

Make sure you go straight to the site through your browser and not through a link in an email.

Sounds like a phishing scam to me.
freeflow

Post by freeflow »

Wouldn't dream of clicking on a link in an email as I'm well aware of phishing scams. Interesting though that I can't log onto ebay.
grani

Post by grani »

Certainly does sound like your account has been hacked and I would try to get through ebay support to regain access. My immediate worry would be the PayPal account but things are a bit better now that they separate companies.
freeflow

Post by freeflow »

According to ebay support it looks like someone gained access to my account so they are on the case.

Of course it could also be an ebay snafu as I believe ebay is introducing a 'new look' and support systems.
greyingbeard

Post by greyingbeard »

the new look doesnt seem to work quite as well as it should
again