Cycling UK kit

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Si

Cycling UK kit

Post by Si »

..is now available in a choice of MTB, standard or "vintage" designs.

https://shop.cyclinguk.org/kit/cycling-uk-kit
Link updated : 27 Mar 2019

I have placed an order and will let you know what I think of it when it comes.
Last edited by Si on 5 May 2008, 7:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I ordered a CTC vintage top in blue at the start of April.

It took a couple of weeks to be made but fitted a treat when it arrived and the quality is spot on.

The only downside I have found is that it has rained both times I've worn it but I guess I can't blame Impsport for that! :D
Si

Post by Si »

Mine came after a short wait. Very nice, well made and the logos/design is good too. Only slight complaint is that it's a bit on the close side for a L.
workhard

Post by workhard »

Looked at the CTC kit, loved the old style stuff but decided my £ would go further if I went for the old style Audax kit they are selling off real cheap - it even inspired me to rejoin Audax UK after a long long break...

unfortunately impsport forgot to put any stamps on the bag when they posted it so a £9.25 excess postage fee cam my way AND they sent me two short sleeve tops instead of one short & one long - going to see if they will send me a long sleeve yellow/purple audax top instead of refunding the postage.
colin mitchell

Post by colin mitchell »

Ordered kit on 5th June money paid but still waiting. 2x e-mails unanswered. I'll think again before using Imp Sport. :cry:
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

The winged wheel on my casquette has been printed upside down.
mikeitup

re

Post by mikeitup »

Nice looking kit BUT expensive IMO.
Sorry mikeitup. The sig just had to go. The forum staff are revolting ! Graham
rogerzilla

Post by rogerzilla »

It is rather. In quantity a good s/s synthetic jersey can be had for under £20 each (I paid £19.50 each for 125 jerseys recently, plus £30 for delivery to me) so hopefully there's a hefty CTC donation included. They also charge £3.50 for shipping on top of that, which is :shock: unless it's Recorded.
kenny533

Re: CTC CYCLING KIT

Post by kenny533 »

I have just joined and am going to take a chance on the kit, although it's rather pricey, it looks very nice.
Fingers crossed the right order arrives, and in good time (Postal Strikes) and that my wheel won't be up-side-down?
I will let you know how I get on..........
Cyclenut

Re:

Post by Cyclenut »

SteveH wrote:The winged wheel on my casquette has been printed upside down.

That's for when you're passing it round, collecting donations for the CTC Charitable Trust. :wink:

I apologise for my flippancy. It should of course be returned for exchange or refund - or kept in case it really does become a "collectors item"!
Chris Juden (at home and not asleep)
fatboy

Re:

Post by fatboy »

SteveH wrote:The winged wheel on my casquette has been printed upside down.

I first read this meaning coffin.......and wondered why you'd have a CTC logo on it!
"Marriage is a wonderful invention; but then again so is the bicycle puncture repair kit." - Billy Connolly
Penfold
Location: Black Country in the heart of England (Gods country)

Post by Penfold »

The link to the site shown in the first post on this thread doesn't work :roll:

Quick Google reveals this one instead

http://www.impsport.com/productlist.asp ... tcatid=862
I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything,
I still believe that people are really good at heart.
- Anne Frank

There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England.
- Winston Churchill
rualexander

Post by rualexander »

Penfold wrote:The link to the site shown in the first post on this thread doesn't work :roll:

Quick Google reveals this one instead

http://www.impsport.com/productlist.asp ... tcatid=862

Not much point in rolling your eyes when the first post was two and a half years ago, things change!
vjosullivan

Post by vjosullivan »

rualexander wrote:Not much point in rolling your eyes when the first post was two and a half years ago, things change!

Doh! I didn't look at the year and assumed the thread started two days ago. :oops:
E25
Euskadi

Post by Euskadi »

I hope they produce some more vintage woollen jerseys. I have the blue jersey, but would really like one in black too. It's my choice for cold but dry winter mornings!