Carradura Rack Pack capacity

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Milfred Cubicle

Carradura Rack Pack capacity

Post by Milfred Cubicle »

Hi, I'm looking for a new rackpack to replace my Topeak MTX, and the Carradice carradura looks a good bet. I know the capacity of the main compartment is a max. of about 13l. Could anyone give me an estimate of the total capacity with the fold-down pockets extended.
Will these side pickets take a change of clothing, are they big enough for some light trainers?
Thanks.
Milfred Cubicle

Re: Carradura Rack Pack capacity

That would be 'pockets'...unless I'm going downhill, then they would be flying pickets..
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

This one?
http://www.carradice.co.uk/index.php?pa ... duct_id=62

10ltr standard but 13.5 fully expanded according to Carradice.
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
CREPELLO

Post by CREPELLO »

Unless the Carradura rack bag has changed in design, it doesn't come with fold down pockets, unless you can demonstrate differently. I would be great if it did have fold down pockets.

I have the previous incarnation, which looks materially the same. The side pockets are big enough for a large paperback each, for example. The lid unzips to extend upwards a bit.

Edit: Ok, I've just read the Carradice web page and it does indeed say that the pockets fold downwards :oops: Which is news to me! (as it looks so similar to the last version) Who else knew? :wink:
Last edited by CREPELLO on 7 Feb 2016, 8:52pm, edited 1 time in total.
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

CREPELLO wrote:Unless the Carradura rack bag has changed in design, it doesn't come with fold down pockets, unless you can demonstrate differently. I would be great if it did have fold down pockets.

I have the previous incarnation, which looks materially the same. The side pockets are big enough for a large paperback each, for example. The lid unzips to extend upwards a bit.

Funnily enough I am considering one myself, but I don't want fold-down pockets! I'd be interested to know, as every reference to it I've seen says it has them.
CREPELLO

Post by CREPELLO »

fastpedaller wrote:
CREPELLO wrote:Unless the Carradura rack bag has changed in design, it doesn't come with fold down pockets, unless you can demonstrate differently. I would be great if it did have fold down pockets.

Funnily enough I am considering one myself, but I don't want fold-down pockets! I'd be interested to know, as every reference to it I've seen says it has them.

I added to my previous inaccurate post above.

What I'd like to know is how much space is in the pockets in their unextended condition?
Milfred Cubicle

It looks like I've started something...
As folks have suggested, this is either a new feature, or one that owners don't know about. I have to admit the same feature on the Topeak is very useful, I just fancy Carradice this time.
CREPELLO

Post by CREPELLO »

Well looking at those photo's on the Carradice page, they have included photo's that don't match! The old design, as appears to be featured in the main picture and has velcro straps and the side pocket zips only go half way down the bag sides. The one photo that shows the bag extensions also shows the zips extending all the way down and the use of plastic buckles (same as Super C rack pack). :? :? :?
Milfred Cubicle

I suppose if I order one and it doesn't have them it can go back. I'll give Carradice a call first.