pressing for assault and dangerous driving

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Tonyf33

pressing for assault and dangerous driving

Post by Tonyf33 »

I was left absolutely livid with anger last night, approaching a pedestrian refuge in primary an SUV accelerates hard to try get through the gap going on the wrong aide of the road before veering left to try squeeze through and driving right at me forcing me to veer violently and slam on the brakes to avoid him hitting me.
I quickly gathered my senses and saw where he had turned off (my estate) managed to see the direction of travel then guessed where he might be going and struck lucky recognising the first part of the plate and distinct white behemoth.
The old fart was only just getting out (with wife) so shows you how little his assault and dangerous driving saved him even with no traffic...
I went into full verbal atack asking him what his game was...you were all over the place was his excuse..lying bleep..and thay gives you a reason to drive right at me you bleeping bleep.
I told him he was a disgrace for a guman being and would be reporting I to the police..he said he would too and told me.to micturate off.
I did amd.came.back and.photographed his vehicle and.house.
Unfortunately as I was only going to the supermarket I didn't have my video cam fitted so I guess the police aren't going to be interested but I'm so incensed I'm going to push as hard as I can to get them to do something effective.

Any pointers welcome.
TonyR

Re: pressing for assault and dangerous driving

Post by TonyR »

No witnesses or evidence it becomes a he said she said argument. So doubt the police will take any interest.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Unless the person has other reported incidents...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Wait a few weeks,middle of the night,valve core tool,black hoodie.......
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

[XAP]Bob wrote:Unless the person has other reported incidents...

This. Do this, it's important.
MartinC

Post by MartinC »

The asymmetrical power in the situation is now reversed. You know where he lives and his registration number, he knows nothing about you. Do what you like.
Phil Fouracre

Post by Phil Fouracre »

reohn2 wrote:Wait a few weeks,middle of the night,valve core tool,black hoodie.......

Agree
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Don't agree - two wrongs and all that...

...besides he lives on the same estate, I note.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Bonefishblues wrote:
[XAP]Bob wrote:Unless the person has other reported incidents...

This. Do this, it's important.
Spot on.
Report it. It will be logged.

If you were the first, you may not be the last.
Mick F. Cornwall
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

Bonefishblues wrote:Don't agree - two wrongs and all that...

Sort of agree, sort of disagree. I don't agree with vigilantism but at the same time, something needs to be done. The civilised way of dealing with these matters clearly isn't working and it seems like the word is getting around that drivers can do what they like without consequence.

If it is done at midnight however and dressed in a hoodie....then the perpetrator wasn't really there :twisted: I know this for fact.
Sunday the missus and I went to Asda for some stuff. Car was parked dead central between the lines and no cars were on either side of when we left it.
Came back to find some numpty had left his/her car parked about a foot from the drivers door.
Pam had to climb over the passenger seat to get to the driver seat. This has happened all too often and I saw red.
As we left, some vindictive person had left our heavy trolley parked with the back wheels up on the kerb and the front of the trolley leaning against the drivers door of said car. Wasn''t me of course coz I wasn't there :mrgreen:
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

Vantage wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:Don't agree - two wrongs and all that...

Sort of agree, sort of disagree. I don't agree with vigilantism but at the same time, something needs to be done. The civilised way of dealing with these matters clearly isn't working and it seems like the word is getting around that drivers can do what they like without consequence.

If it is done at midnight however and dressed in a hoodie....then the perpetrator wasn't really there :twisted:

And how do you get the driver to associate his actions with the original altercation ? If you let him know its you. You either end up a target, and he has the big weapon, or being investigated by the police for criminal damage. If you don't he just blames the local kids and won't modify his behaviour.
It needs the Police, yes nothing might not be done, but at least he has been reported and a number of incident will see his collar being felt.
Last edited by NUKe on 16 Feb 2016, 12:08pm, edited 1 time in total.
NUKe

Post by reohn2 »

Some people have greater faith than I.

EDIT:- can I draw your attention to the case of Poppi Worthington(google her),read about this poor child's fate then weep.
Google Glasgow bin lorry case,the Rhyl incident of a few years ago,then go here:- viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50829

Then ask yourself what is going on with the police force and judiciary.
And ask yourself does anyone give f***
Last edited by reohn2 on 16 Feb 2016, 9:57am, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

reohn2 wrote:Wait a few weeks,middle of the night,valve core tool,black hoodie.......

Nope. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
scrumpydave

Post by scrumpydave »

What is it about motoring that leads people to behave this way? He clearly felt that his dangerous actions were your fault, you were "all over the road" after all. But somehow I doubt he would push his trolley at someone dawdling in front of him at the supermarket.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

I would report it to the Police and accept they will do nothing.

Reason: some time ago I was badly cut-up by a car and within a few minutes came across a PCSO on a bike. So stopped for a chat about the incident and if it was worth reporting. And she [PCSO] was saying that they would probably take no action but they would log the incident and if they get a number of reports for the same vehicle then they do then go and "have a chat" with the driver.

So, if what she [PCSO] was saying is true (for your Police force as well as my local one) then at least in reporting it you will be starting the process or something being done. And a driver behaving like you describe has probably done it before and will probably do it again so the more people report it the sooner the Police will "have a chat". I tend to think with such drivers it's not a question of if they will cause a (serious) accident but when. I would hope a visit from the Police might make the driver really think and reporting it brings that one step closer.

Ian