WHAT QUALITIES ARE NEED TO BE A CTC COUNCILLOR.

Philip Benstead

Post by Philip Benstead »

IMHO
The may be self-evident but are often lacking.
Have an open mind
Able to understand the written communication
Able to understand the verbal communication
Able to understand the non-verbal communication
Able to question and analyses
Able to change your view if evidence refutes your long term view
Able to communicate with individual at all levels.
Able to take a balance view
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
Bicycler

Re: WHAT QUALITIES ARE NEED TO BE A CTC COUNCILLOR.

Post by Bicycler »

Philip Benstead wrote:Able to take a balance view

Quite. At times you're coming across as having an axe to grind. Whilst I understand that you have had a bad experience over the past year, it does no good to appear to be on a vendetta. It won't help to sway neutral opinion and could harm the cause you are trying to work towards. It would be best to focus on the particular issue at hand rather than starting lots of threads attacking the council. If your petition is to succeed then it might be best if you could find someone else, not implicated in the councils recent decisions, to act as spokesman.

That said, I wish you the very best of luck in what you are trying to do. I hope that, welcome or not, this is taken as well-intentioned advice rather than criticism.

Kind regards,

Al
Philip Benstead

Post by Philip Benstead »

Bicycler wrote:
Philip Benstead wrote:Able to take a balance view

Quite. At times you're coming across as having an axe to grind. Whilst I understand that you have had a bad experience over the past year, it does no good to appear to be on a vendetta. It won't help to sway neutral opinion and could harm the cause you are trying to work towards. It would be best to focus on the particular issue at hand rather than starting lots of threads attacking the council. If your petition is to succeed then it might be best if you could find someone else, not implicated in the councils recent decisions, to act as spokesman.

That said, I wish you the very best of luck in what you are trying to do. I hope that, welcome or not, this is taken as well-intentioned advice rather than criticism.

Kind regards,

Al

I keep saying this on various place e.g. Facebook and please don’t say you don’t do Facebook because that is the modern way to communicate and I am keep be told to be morden.
I was asked to set this potion by a CTC member and am supported by some CTC Councillors.
Some on the council has been ground into the ground by the intransigence of some.
The CTC council lacks real leadership and it potential has not been developed. I am not saying anything new.
I would suggest some of you attend a few CTC council meetings if it is not made confidential.
I have been pretty consistent on this forum and else on my view of the CTC even before PT turn up.
What we need is more contested elections and for CTC memebers to vote and not expect somebody else to do it for them.
If you like to discuss this issue, please contact me on philipbenstead1@gmail.com or 07949801698
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Whether Facebook is modern or not most of us oldies dont like it and wont use it because it invades your privacy so its a waste of time trying to communicate to us lot through it. As for the petition why not put it somewhere that everyone can access instead of something that requires you to register with it and then get on the recieving end of a load of unwanted bumph! Surely all thats needed is name address and CTC number? What about this?

https://www.change.org/start-a-petition ... g&device=t

Or this?…
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... kZWSnGr_3w

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

al_yrpal wrote:Whether Facebook is modern or not most of us oldies dont like it and wont use it because it invades your privacy so its a waste of time trying to communicate to us lot through it....
Al

I understand many youngsters are/have moved away from it. Like with so many internet account things, deleting your account can be a nightmare (you can often hide them, make them totally private but the account still exists). Thus the "number of accounts" is not a good indication as to what people are using. Site organisers like to keep their"account" numbers high as they are trying to attract advertisers/income and more accounts will clearly be a great help.

Ian
honesty

Post by honesty »

Ooh for goodness sake. There is already like 4 threads with this on already. Did we seriously need another with exactly the same sodding poll...
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

honesty wrote:Ooh for goodness sake. There is already like 4 threads with this on already. Did we seriously need another with exactly the same sodding poll...

+1 Although I've added my 10 cents to the whole debacle, I'm also 'tuning out'. Some times less is more. Best of luck with your campaign Phillip. Please don't be left feeling bitter...b