A positive thread

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Si

Re: A positive thread

Post by Si »

Second ride of the year. Still riding very gingerly (stop sniggering at the back). Have to say that all of the traffic was very patient, eg Chelsea tractors stopping and letting me through 50/50 gaps first, a full on gangstered BMW patiently waiting behind down a narrow road and then giving lots of room when passing, etc.

And met a PCSO friend out patrolling on her bike and had a nice catch-up.
Phil Fouracre

Post by Phil Fouracre »

Come on, that's enough! You've made it to a second page. Someone must want to have a moan by now?
ps: just got back from a lovely ride in the sun, no aggro, and, it involved coffee and cake - what more can you ask for?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
RickH

Post by RickH »

Phil Fouracre wrote:Come on, that's enough! You've made it to a second page. Someone must want to have a moan by now?
ps: just got back from a lovely ride in the sun, no aggro, and, it involved coffee and cake - what more can you at for?

I took my partner-in-crime out on the tandem around Chester & the Wirral yesterday in the sunshine :) It was even warm enough in the sun to sit outside for coffee & cake mid way. :D

Rick.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

Phil Fouracre wrote:Come on, that's enough! You've made it to a second page. Someone must want to have a moan by now?

If it hadn't been for bends in the roads, I'd have been able to admire my fiancée's bottom for longer.
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
robing

Post by robing »

These cold crisp sunny days with no wind are fab!
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

robing wrote:These cold crisp sunny days with no wind are fab!
No wind?
I was against it for most of my ride today. Quite a brisk cold north-easterly.

On a positive note, I really enjoyed the ride today. 20 chilly and bright miles.
Yesterday, it was 30 chilly and bright miles, and I enjoyed that too. :D

Hopefully, I'll be out again tomorrow, and hopefully it'll be chilly and bright too.
Mick F. Cornwall
hondated

Post by hondated »

ps: just got back from a lovely ride in the sun, no aggro, and, it involved coffee and cake - what more can you ask for?

OK Phil just for you why can't we afford to stay here a month rather than a week.See my pervious positing.
Phil Fouracre

Post by Phil Fouracre »

hondated wrote:

OK Phil just for you why can't we afford to stay here a month rather than a week.See my pervious positing.

Good question! Sounds nice. Got some friends staying near there, for a couple of months! Just sent us some pics of them on their Bromptons! Jealous, me?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
hondated

Post by hondated »

Pervious was that a Fraudian slip !
ragudave

Post by ragudave »

Well we (me and my toddler) cycled home from nursery last night. No slides and snow coming from all directions but she was fine despite the snow in her face for her the journey. Normally I would have expected some crying!

Dave
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Mrs R2 and I rode the tandem yesterday for the first time in 8months due to her illness,and the first time I've ridden for three months since a heart attack.
9miles flat miles of fun up and down Morecambe prom,in the sunshine.
It felt very good :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

First long ride for a while for me and first long ride on the new bike.
Setting off at 10am I rode to Pennington Flash in Leigh and then followed the canal towpath all the way to Wigan. First time I've been there too. Taking a right instead of a left thanks to the Garmins screen spinning around I found myself thinking, "Oooh this all looks a bit familiar!"
Doing a 180 having discovered I'd just gone down the same path that I'd just came up, I was back on the towpath going toward Appley Bridge. From there it was up to Coppull, through Horwich and home via the bike trail. Got through the front door at dead on 4pm.
No incidents and some very nice drivers. The bike was also running as smooth as butter. And I had the sun all day :mrgreen:
I'm absolutely shattered though.
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

reohn2 wrote:Mrs R2 and I rode the tandem yesterday for the first time in 8months due to her illness,and the first time I've ridden for three months since a heart attack.

:mrgreen:
Bill

hondated

Post by hondated »

reohn2 wrote:Mrs R2 and I rode the tandem yesterday for the first time in 8months due to her illness,and the first time I've ridden for three months since a heart attack.

Sorry to read about your heart attack but also glad to read your back out on your bike.
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

Good thread. Nothing to put in it today but I'm sure I soon will have (as long as I remember it's here!)