Osmand voice instructions.Suggestion.

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
fausto copy

Re: Osmand voice instructions.Suggestion.

Postby fausto copy » 10 Aug 2019, 10:00pm

Just trying to download some GPX routes onto my Moto.
Downloaded OK but cannot open them and it now says Osmand Plus has stopped. :?
The files are they, they just won't show uo.
Advice please.
fausto.

al_yrpal

Postby al_yrpal » 10 Aug 2019, 10:28pm

Go to the downloaded files in your file manager, then select 'open with' and choose Osmand and they will appear in Osmand.

Al
Touring on a bicycle is a great way to explore and appreciate the countryside and towns you pass through. CTC gone but not forgotten!

climo

Postby climo » 11 Aug 2019, 1:53pm

Al's right of course but if you want to be slick go to
https://jeroenmols.com/blog/2016/07/21/cyclinggps/

al_yrpal

Postby al_yrpal » 11 Aug 2019, 2:12pm

climo wrote:Al's right of course but if you want to be slick go to
https://jeroenmols.com/blog/2016/07/21/cyclinggps/

Neat, some good tips there! Thanks..

Al
Touring on a bicycle is a great way to explore and appreciate the countryside and towns you pass through. CTC gone but not forgotten!

simonwoodward66

Postby simonwoodward66 » 11 Aug 2019, 8:08pm

Graham wrote:My first 35 mile test run around the country lanes was somewhat blighted by the seemingly endless . . . . . .
< turn slightly right > : < turn slightly left > - which on a normal country lane was actually a straight-on. An appropriate silence was preferable.

As others comment elsewhere, a straight-across-the-crossroads prompted no comment ( from the squawking goon in my back pocket ).
Can I suggest that you try the other cycling navigation options.

Osmand certainly has flaws but compared to Garmin etc. It's fantastic.

Do you use the mapping function? I tend to keep the screen off mostly but turn the screen on for crossroads and roundabouts etc.

fausto copy

Postby fausto copy » 14 Aug 2019, 3:02pm

al_yrpal wrote:Go to the downloaded files in your file manager, then select 'open with' and choose Osmand and they will appear in Osmand.

Al

Hi Al, I was in a bit of a panic trying to import some routes for a 3 day trip starting the next morning.

The GPX files wouldn't "load" when I tried importing them as usual and a message came up saying OsmandPlus had stopped.
It appears (though I'm probably wrong) that my original version was no longer supported.

I uninstalled it and downloaded the new version and all seems well (I didn't get lost :wink: ).
My only problem is the the route shown is a very thin, red dotted line, which is difficult to follow.
At one time I could change it to a nice bold blue line which was easy to see, but that eventually stopped working too.

I"ve been in every option trying to change the colour of the route line but can't find out how?
Any ideas please?

Cheers, fausto.

al_yrpal

Postby al_yrpal » 14 Aug 2019, 4:09pm

Hi Fausto. My imported route shows up as a thin red line. But... when I click on the guidance arrow the selected track changes to a thick blue line with arrows. You should also get the time and distance and a start or dismiss box all ready to go.

Hope this helps

Al

fausto copy

Postby fausto copy » 15 Aug 2019, 9:16am

Hi Al, nope that don't work for me either.
I think I'll contact Osmand and see what they say.
Thanks anyway.
fausto.

climo

Postby climo » 15 Aug 2019, 10:23pm

I"ve been in every option trying to change the colour of the route line but can't find out how?
Any ideas please?

In menu
Configure Map - GPX files (turn on) - in dialogue box "Show GPS data". Top line "Appearance" "Medium" (coloured dot). Click on word "Medium" Select line colour and thickness.
Select GPX file click OK

Osmand 3.4.6 has major improvements and has fixed the screen on / off problem