Lerwick ferry

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
HarryD

Re: Lerwick ferry

Post by HarryD »

Let us know how you get on with Sea Cargo. Cheers
in4time

Post by in4time »

Having just used the Liverpool-Belfast Stena Line I can attest to their service. Probably the same for their Belfast-Cairnryan service.

Foot/bicycle passengers put their bags and bikes in a white van that is locked on board for the sailing. It’s opened at the passenger arrival terminus and away you go.

Cost was £48 or £54 depending upon time etc.

Get a bench seat asap, with a power socket if you can. Be quick! Unless you’re getting a cabin.

The food and drink are passable but very expensive I think. Bring your own tucker bag.

I prefer the night crossing so you can get going around 7am instead of 7pm.
pal

Post by pal »

This is tangential, but since the thread's already drifted a bit.... Plans for a revival of the Newcastle-Norway ferry: https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidnikel ... d-ferries/ (I know we've seen similar things before, and this is still a long way from reality, but -- fingers crossed!)
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

in4time wrote: 5 Jul 2022, 9:58am

The food and drink are passable but very expensive I think. Bring your own tucker bag.

Food on ferries is always expensive - unless you are a commercial driver!
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!