Record attempt scheduled

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
ratherbeintobago

Re: Record attempt scheduled

Post by ratherbeintobago »

Apparently called off:
DA7D6EFC-251B-4026-8770-E1D729372C07.jpeg
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Every time I read of a DNF I feel the pain and disappointment and even depression that goes with those three letters.

I hope she can pick her self up and have another crack at the record!
ratherbeintobago

Post by ratherbeintobago »

Jamesh wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 5:46pm Every time I read of a DNF I feel the pain and disappointment and even depression that goes with those three letters.

I hope she can pick her self up and have another crack at the record!
Yes, I completely agree. I wonder if there are any stats for number of attempts in the last five years vs. number who got to JOG?
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

ratherbeintobago wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 5:47pm I wonder if there are any stats for number of attempts in the last five years vs. number who got to JOG?
This thread is over 4 years old. Your answer lies within. :D
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Complete guess but for record attempts:-

45% DNF

45% Finish but did not break record

10% Break the record...?

24h maths will know??
1982john

Post by 1982john »

I think the DNF will be much higher. They tend to not carry on as soon as the record is off as it's waste of all your supports time etc
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

1982john wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 8:54pm I think the DNF will be much higher. They tend to not carry on as soon as the record is off as it's waste of all your supports time etc
Yes. That's .. er .. graphicly shown in 24 hours maths graphs.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

1982john wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 8:54pm I think the DNF will be much higher. They tend to not carry on as soon as the record is off as it's waste of all your supports time etc
Good point!

Why flog yourself for a lost cause.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Jamesh wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 10:47am
Good point!

Getting the competitor to see it’s a lost cause appears to be hard sometimes. Two riders who spring to mind who IMHO carried on beyond hope are Hoppo and Jasmin Muller.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Dingdong

Post by Dingdong »

Paulatic wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 6:37pm
Good point!

I just admit I'd climb off as soon as I knew I wouldn't break a record. It's a long way to thrash yourself for a 'nearly man' experience.
Getting the competitor to see it’s a lost cause appears to be hard sometimes. Two riders who spring to mind who IMHO carried on beyond hope are Hoppo and Jasmin Muller.
RickH

Post by RickH »

Dingdong wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 5:51am

Good point!

I just admit I'd climb off as soon as I knew I wouldn't break a record. It's a long way to thrash yourself for a 'nearly man' experience.
It would be helpful if you added your own text separately rather than adding a block of text in a quote of what someone else wrote which makes it look like they said something it rather than you. It wasn't obvious what you added without going back to the original post to see what you'd changed.

Thanks.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

RickH wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 1:20pm
Dingdong wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 5:51am
It would be helpful if you added your own text separately rather than adding a block of text in a quote of what someone else wrote which makes it look like they said something it rather than you. It wasn't obvious what you added without going back to the original post to see what you'd changed.

Thanks.
Sometimes it happen you don't see the end of the text. Mistakes happen.

Not my words anyway!
1982john

Post by 1982john »

After seeing Dan Bingham's hour record I find myself wondering how fast a pro with team support could do LEJOG. Any thoughts?
Imagine Ganna had a go, how amazing would that be?
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Disappointed though the RDFCC is for Michelle, we are rather pleased that we got 6th overall and first female in theGBduro. Lejog off road, unsupported and non stop!