Shimano 12-speed

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
belgiangoth

Re: Shimano 12-speed

Postby belgiangoth » 14 Jun 2018, 9:27pm

Sweep wrote:My only concern about this mad path (am happy for others to follow it) is reduced availability of 9 speed bits.

idem.

To be fair though, I have been using 1x for the last 15 years and think it suffices, in fact I have been riding 1x2 pretty much exclusively and I only have the second gear in case the cog snaps. On the next bike I probably won't bother.
If I had a baby elephant I would let it sleep in the garage in place of the car. If I had either a garage or a car. (I miss sigs about baby elephants)

Samuel D

Postby Samuel D » 14 Jun 2018, 9:28pm

These poor guys stand to lose real money when this sort of thing happens, since their results are the basis of their contract negotiations.

It’s hard to justify why we’ve got to this stage, with bicycles failing seemingly more often than ever while technological progress should dictate the opposite. A silly state of affairs. It’s not even good publicity at this point, is it? Though P T Barnum did say something about bad publicity …

hercule

Postby hercule » 14 Jun 2018, 9:30pm

It's all old hat. My 1985 Saracen came with Shimano 12 speed gearing. It still works perfectly (though at the moment the bike is wearing a Nexus 8 speed hub gear).

:lol: