Transpenine xpress website no need to phone Virgin for bikes

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Bonroute

Transpenine xpress website no need to phone Virgin for bikes

Postby Bonroute » 14 Jun 2018, 12:45pm

I have previously been booking myself and bike on Virgin trains through their call centre for routes on the west coast. Have now found that I can do all this via the Transpenine express website as they sell tickets for Virgin trains! May be of use to other cyclists.

mjr

Re: Transpenine xpress website no need to phone Virgin for bikes

Postby mjr » 14 Jun 2018, 12:54pm

Bonroute wrote:I have previously been booking myself and bike on Virgin trains through their call centre for routes on the west coast. Have now found that I can do all this via the Transpenine express website as they sell tickets for Virgin trains! May be of use to other cyclists.

But do they sell the cheap special offers?
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.

Sweep

Re: Transpenine xpress website no need to phone Virgin for bikes

Postby Sweep » 15 Jun 2018, 6:32pm

mjr wrote:
Bonroute wrote:I have previously been booking myself and bike on Virgin trains through their call centre for routes on the west coast. Have now found that I can do all this via the Transpenine express website as they sell tickets for Virgin trains! May be of use to other cyclists.

But do they sell the cheap special offers?

In my expedience, the answer to that will be a straight no.
And couldn't give a ****

edit/clarification - I meant Virgin couldn't give a **

I did recently get a special offer virgin ticket and get a bike on the same train but it was a terrible pain.
Sweep