Trustee elections 2018

fionat

Trustee elections 2018

Postby fionat » 17 Aug 2018, 7:02pm

Just found the page that says that applications closed end of July.

I didn't get any emails about the elections - did others?

gaz

Re: Trustee selections 2018

Postby gaz » 17 Aug 2018, 8:54pm

The application period has closed, elections haven't taken place yet.

I'm opted out of the majority of Cycling UK emails, so I can't say if it was in Cycleclips or similar.

I did spot an announcement on twitter.

AndyK

Re: Trustee elections 2018

Postby AndyK » 19 Aug 2018, 3:53pm

There was an email to members specifically about the trustee vacancies on 21 June, with a follow-up reminder on 14 July. It also got mentioned in Cycleclips on 15 June, 22 June and 7 July (possibly others, I don't keep them all).

- Andy (current trustee)

fionat

Postby fionat » 19 Aug 2018, 4:58pm

AndyK wrote:There was an email to members specifically about the trustee vacancies on 21 June, with a follow-up reminder on 14 July. It also got mentioned in Cycleclips on 15 June, 22 June and 7 July (possibly others, I don't keep them all).

- Andy (current trustee)

Hmmm, I definitely didn't get specific emails. Got two last year, nothing this year. Was wondering if I was the only one. (I do get cycleclips, but clearly don't always read! There was nothing in the subject about trustee elections.) I've emailed the office to find out why I didn't get them.

AndyK

Postby AndyK » 19 Aug 2018, 5:29pm

fionat wrote:Hmmm, I definitely didn't get specific emails. Got two last year, nothing this year. Was wondering if I was the only one. (I do get cycleclips, but clearly don't always read! There was nothing in the subject about trustee elections.) I've emailed the office to find out why I didn't get them.

I'd be interested to know what they say. I have experienced a few glitches with the mailing lists myself in the past. If you can log into your member account on the Cycling UK website you might want to do so, look at the Mailing Options page and see whether anything's ticked there. And of course check your spam folder. :-) Look for emails from Dan Howard, rather than from Cycling UK.

It was mentioned in the introductory paragraph of one Cycleclips and got its own section in another, but no it wasn't in the subject lines.

fionat

Postby fionat » 19 Aug 2018, 5:38pm

AndyK wrote:
fionat wrote:Hmmm, I definitely didn't get specific emails. Got two last year, nothing this year. Was wondering if I was the only one. (I do get cycleclips, but clearly don't always read! There was nothing in the subject about trustee elections.) I've emailed the office to find out why I didn't get them.

I'd be interested to know what they say. I have experienced a few glitches with the mailing lists myself in the past. If you can log into your member account on the Cycling UK website you might want to do so, look at the Mailing Options page and see whether anything's ticked there. And of course check your spam folder. :-) Look for emails from Dan Howard, rather than from Cycling UK.

It was mentioned in the introductory paragraph of one Cycleclips and got its own section in another, but no it wasn't in the subject lines.

Well that's bizarre!

I have 'unsub cycleclips' (which I get!)
'unsub offers and events', 'unsub membership/fundr' and 'unsub campaigns' - all showing as unsubscribed since 11/8/16.

Perhaps the election emails come under 'membership/fundr', although I received them last year, so had assumed I would this year.

I'll untick everything and look out for them next year!