Carradice cape

Private Small Ads only. Dealers, traders or commercials will be deleted.
David F

Carradice cape

Postby David F » 13 Feb 2019, 9:38pm

I bought a cape last year just to see whether it would work for me. Unfortunately, I didn't like it so it's for sale to anyone else who fancies trying a cape without spending too much. I wore it five or six times so it has some marks, but no damage. £15 posted.
David F

mnichols

Re: Carradice cape

Postby mnichols » 13 Feb 2019, 9:47pm

David F wrote:I bought a cape last year just to see whether it would work for me. Unfortunately, I didn't like it so it's for sale to anyone else who fancies trying a cape without spending too much. I wore it five or six times so it has some marks, but no damage. £15 posted.
David F

Never tried one, but often look. Out of interest why didn't you like it? What are the pros and cons?

drossall

Postby drossall » 13 Feb 2019, 9:50pm

There was a wanted ad for one of these recently.

TrevA

Postby TrevA » 14 Feb 2019, 12:40pm

I had one of these and sold it. I re-discovered why we gave up wearing capes. They are like a sail in anything more than a gentle breeze. Hard to control and you get water pooling in the well between your arms. Also, I found that the cape was too small. The tie didn't reach around my middle. If I was to have one again, I'd get the XL Duxback version, which is heavier and less prone to blowing about in the wind and has more room inside.

YMMV.

rfryer

Postby rfryer » 14 Feb 2019, 2:23pm

David F wrote:I bought a cape last year just to see whether it would work for me. Unfortunately, I didn't like it so it's for sale to anyone else who fancies trying a cape without spending too much. I wore it five or six times so it has some marks, but no damage. £15 posted.
David F

I've sent a PM.