Team Sky is now Team INEOS

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
mattheus

Re: Team Sky is now Team INEOS

Postby mattheus » 17 May 2019, 3:06pm

Psamathe wrote:Actually you can't " tree-huggers and eco-warriors in knots with their hypocrisy" at least not using the arguments you are presenting because it's far more complex. If somebody burns 5L of petrol travelling to an event and through their actions 5,000,000L of petrol goes unburnt then the net effect is less pollution despite your arguing they can't protest because of being hypocritical - they did and it had a net positive effect!

Ian

Well put!

[this argument of hypocrisy is old, creaky, and very Clarkson-esque - just a cheap attempt to undermine arguments that are clearly valid, and are clearly damaging Mr Toad's God-given right to do whatever he likes, and F***k anyone who is affected!]

firedfromthecircus

Postby firedfromthecircus » 21 May 2019, 5:05pm

100%JR wrote:Get down off your pedestal as you’re impressing no one but your own ego

Ooohhh the irony! :lol:

100%JR

Postby 100%JR » 24 May 2019, 9:55am

Psamathe wrote: If somebody burns 5L of petrol travelling to an event and through their actions 5,000,000L of petrol goes unburnt then the net effect is less pollution despite your arguing they can't protest because of being hypocritical - they did and it had a net positive effect!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you,thank you,thank you!

You have there in one sentence proved my point :lol:

Hypocrisy in action there folks.Make it up as we go along and twist the result to suit our needs.
What a crock of s...........................

mattheus

Postby mattheus » 24 May 2019, 10:21am

.... and black=white, 1+1=3 ...

Psamathe

Postby Psamathe » 24 May 2019, 11:20am

100%JR wrote:
Psamathe wrote: If somebody burns 5L of petrol travelling to an event and through their actions 5,000,000L of petrol goes unburnt then the net effect is less pollution despite your arguing they can't protest because of being hypocritical - they did and it had a net positive effect!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you,thank you,thank you!

You have there in one sentence proved my point :lol:

Hypocrisy in action there folks.Make it up as we go along and twist the result to suit our needs.
What a crock of s...........................

I think you missed my point which was about the "hypocritical" being an inappropriate argument against protesting for environmental issues.

But I can no longer be bothered discussing it with you as you seem unable to appreciate the points being made and under your "ideal" climate change and pollution would all go un-checked ... (because nobody would be allowed to disagree because they'd all be being hypocrites ...).

Ian