The "Royals" Thread

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Bonefishblues

Re: The "Royals" Thread

Post by Bonefishblues »

Jdsk wrote: 1 Oct 2022, 9:20pm Screenshot 2022-10-01 at 21.19.01.png
https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1576263356981411840

That didn't take long.

Jonathan
It's almost as if she has a tick list of people and groups to upset.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

“Back again. Dear oh dear. Anyway…”
https://twitter.com/OxfordDiplomat/stat ... y-audience

Jonathan
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

"The King has been graciously pleased to signify His intention of conferring Peerages of the United Kingdom for Life upon the undermentioned... "
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/poli ... rages-2022

Usual Ruritanian nonsense.

Jonathan
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

I see Harry and Megan are yet again starting up about racism in and their bad treatment by the Royal Family (and basically everybody else).

Must be a real nuisance when you're opening a new branch of your favourite top end department store to suddenly have 3 burly officers pinning you to the ground in yet another unwarranted "Stop-and-Search" just because of the colour of your skin. Or having the rich and famous round to afternoon tea and you can't afford the better biscuits because the Home Office has threatened you with deportation and you can no longer work or claim benefits or anything.

Racism can never be tolerated but I suspect some are affected a lot worse than maybe those living with loads of money and teams of security ... Yet those badly affected get no real air-time whilst those living lofty lives above the real-world get lucrative TV deals to show how wrapped-up in themselves they are.

Ian
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Didn't treat her like Kate but hey, could that be because Kate is a genuinely nice person without an agenda? Of course not it's race! You can accuse an unnamed person or people of racism and it's next to impossible to disprove. Especially when the accuser doesn't name names.

Sorry, I hope they fall into obscurity, quicker the better! Fortunately even in America there's the beginning of a questioning attitude to them. The country that's often had it's race issues isn't completely buying their racism tales. If Americans turn against them they're stuck for money making.
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

She's not even black, she appears to be as white as I am, I doubt she has even the foggiest idea what true racism is, it just seems a convenient bandwagon shes jumped on and profits out of. A more loathsome couple I can't imagine.
pwa

Post by pwa »

With all the bad things going on in the world right now, and so many people struggling to put food on the table, the continued whining of this odious, self-obsessed and self-pitying couple is begining to grate a little. They need to find something useful to do with their lives.
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

I had a terminally racist mother living next door to a racist South African, all my 70+yr old Daily Mail reading neighbours are terminally racist.

Even at the height of Meghan's popularity around the time of the wedding they would all barely mention her name and when they did it was with a spit of disgust - because of her race.

The abuse that all the ethnic minority 8-18yr old's at our Youth Clubs have to suffer on a daily basis make me weep

Racism is real and living a contented life in the UK, supported by a tabloid press who know their readership.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Pebble wrote: 8 Dec 2022, 10:54pm She's not even black, she appears to be as white as I am, I doubt she has even the foggiest idea what true racism is, it just seems a convenient bandwagon shes jumped on and profits out of. A more loathsome couple I can't imagine.
Megan's mother, Doria Ragland is standing behind her in this picture, one of many pictures which show her with members of the royal family.
royals.jpg
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

This whole fuss reminds me of one of those tabloid media pothers got up as a row between the sleb contestants on Love Island or Big Brother, or perhaps the Wagatha hoo-ha.
It seems to enthral the susceptible and boost circulation no doubt, but its inconsequential and I find it easily ignorable.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

I happened to be watching BBC News @6 yesterday(?) and was really surprised at how negative the report they had on this "documentary" was. something of a take-down with reporter using terms like "her claims do not stand-up to scrutiny". I've always found the BBC very very pro-royal so if BBC were critical ...

Ian
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Psamathe wrote: 9 Dec 2022, 10:56am I happened to be watching BBC News @6 yesterday(?) and was really surprised at how negative the report they had on this "documentary" was. something of a take-down with reporter using terms like "her claims do not stand-up to scrutiny". I've always found the BBC very very pro-royal so if BBC were critical ...

Ian
Is not attacking the documentary defending the rest of the Firm, and so pro-royal?
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

Pebble wrote: 8 Dec 2022, 10:54pm She's not even black, she appears to be as white as I am, I doubt she has even the foggiest idea what true racism is, it just seems a convenient bandwagon shes jumped on and profits out of. A more loathsome couple I can't imagine.
The extreme hatred these people inspire is quite remarkable - far more remarkable than anything they've said or done.
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

Mike Sales wrote: 9 Dec 2022, 11:01am
Psamathe wrote: 9 Dec 2022, 10:56am I happened to be watching BBC News @6 yesterday(?) and was really surprised at how negative the report they had on this "documentary" was. something of a take-down with reporter using terms like "her claims do not stand-up to scrutiny". I've always found the BBC very very pro-royal so if BBC were critical ...

Ian
Is not attacking the documentary defending the rest of the Firm, and so pro-royal?
Yeah, I saw that and did think it sounded like Witchell was repeating a briefing he's had from Buck house.

Up the Republic!
swagman

Post by swagman »

BBC very Tory, very middleclass.
Just watch question time or newsnight to see.