Guitar Players - Is It Hard?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
briansnail

Re: Guitar Players - Is It Hard?

Post by briansnail »

My fingers are not particularly nimble nor particularly lethargic but I'm assuming they would improve with use.
Your the one playing.So long as your happy and enjoying it everything else is immaterial.Very famous eminent professors were rubbish at playing music instruments.

Finally Doctors recommend learning to play a instrument especially when older as it wards of dementia.In your cycling club if you get more people to form a small band with singers even better.
I ride Brompton,Hetchins 531
simonineaston

Re: Guitar Players - Is It Hard?

Post by simonineaston »

If my own excruciating efforts are anything to go by, the longer you play, the better you get. It’s simple muscle memory. I did loads of hours learning simple rocknroll strumming patterns (jez quayle on yt) and was really happy in the way I improved. Old joke: starry eyed tourist in Manhattan, to gnarly old beat cop “excuse me officer how do I get to Carnegie Hall?” Beat cop replies, “practice, practice, practice”…
But truth to tell, I’m just as happy putzing around with guitar parts to make painted replicas - here’s the most recent - George Harrison’s ‘rocky’. Next on the list is Jimmy Page’s dragoncaster.
Attachments
rocky on the magical mystery ep cover…
rocky on the magical mystery ep cover…
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)