How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Psamathe

Re: How's your weather?

Post by Psamathe »

1st ride of the year with single layer top (polo shirt without something warm underneath).

Ian
rotavator

Post by rotavator »

Crikey what happened to winter? It is 20 deg C in North Wales. The sweat was dripping off me as I was digging out my rockery this morning.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

The north coast is beautiful today -- pictures later.
I am here. Where are you?
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

rotavator wrote: 22 Mar 2022, 1:50pm Crikey what happened to winter?
+ 1. Temperatures indoors have hit 11.5 degree, shorts and tee shirt out on a full day ride today, the first outing since September last year. Even felt it necessary to slap the Factor 50 sun block on today! Down side being a bad ten mile stretch, coated with insect life, for the first time since last summer :(
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

gbnz wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 7:35pm
rotavator wrote: 22 Mar 2022, 1:50pm Crikey what happened to winter?
+ 1. Temperatures indoors have hit 11.5 degree, shorts and tee shirt out on a full day ride today, the first outing since September last year. Even felt it necessary to slap the Factor 50 sun block on today! Down side being a bad ten mile stretch, coated with insect life, for the first time since last summer :(
Was just thinking yesterday when out round the coast, the great thing about a nice spell of weather in March is the lack of insect life when outside. Doesn't often happen of course it went from being absolutely Baltic to actually warmish in one week!
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Cowsham wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 1:41pm The north coast is beautiful today -- pictures later.
As promised
20220323_143223.jpg

NW200 grid marked up ready to race.
NW200 grid marked up ready to race.
20220323_150055.jpg
Attachments
20220323_145321.jpg
rjb

Post by rjb »

Was in Aldi in Taunton yesterday buying a can of GT85 amongst some groceries. The man in front of me at the checkout had 4 spray cans of de-icer. Does he know something I've missed. :shock:
Temps of -2°C forecast for early Sunday morning here in Somerset. Brrrrrrrrrr.
It's sunny with a fresh breeze here now. Chilly as well. Good day to dry the washing. Making the most of my solar panels. :wink:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

The car had to go into the garage a couple of weeks ago and when I was putting all the junk / important equipment back in the boot afterwards, mrs thirdcrank insisted I put back the collapsible snow shovel for superstitious reasons. For all that, we had quite heavy snow this morning but the ground must still be warm because after it had settled it soon melted

Isn't the end of winter the best time to buy stuff like de-icer when supermarkets are clearing the decks for barbecues etc
====================================================
PS I bought that snow shovel years ago from B&Q in an end-of-season sale, not because I was expecting a sudden late spring freeze but because it was at clearance price and I knew that when it did snow, shovels would quickly be unobtainable.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

rjb wrote: 31 Mar 2022, 9:34am Was in Aldi in Taunton yesterday buying a can of GT85 amongst some groceries. The man in front of me at the checkout had 4 spray cans of de-icer. Does he know something I've missed. :shock:
Temps of -2°C forecast for early Sunday morning here in Somerset. Brrrrrrrrrr.
It's sunny with a fresh breeze here now. Chilly as well. Good day to dry the washing. Making the most of my solar panels. :wink:
Could have done with that this morning. Had to dig the van out of the ice -- weird when the photos above was last week and I wore a t shirt.
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

Bit of everything today, frost, snow, hail, sleet and sunshine. Zwifting day!
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

And wet.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Audax67 wrote: 1 Apr 2022, 8:06am Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

And wet.
+ 1. Our official weather forecasters, have stated that the forecast locally is for blue, cloudless skies, full sun, a warm day with temperatures increasing by 3-4 degrees :D , utterly dry

It's a Met Office forecast, so obviously today is a heavily overcast day, not a shred of blue sky or sun has been seen, a constant wind coming in, with temperatures being a full 4 degrees colder than yesterday. Oh and an exceptionally mild drizzle for the past 2.5 hours

It's concerning, because they do suggest that it will be warmer in July & August, with more sun. Will I need to get my snow trousers out?
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

We have glorious weather. 18 degrees and sunshine. It's been increasingly nice since Friday. I've been out gardening & talking walks with the family over Easter. I worked from home yesterday, but was out for an appointment in the morning.

I'm back in the office today. I've been working at a new office since we cam back after covid. I use and folding bike and the train to get there (3 - 4 days per week).

Sometimes I ride to a farther station than the one closest to my work, or get of a station or two early. I would love to do that today, but I don't have time :cry: I hope the good weather stays for a bit.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Just lately in south devon, I have worn just short sleeves for the last two weeks, finishing at 22:00 each ride.
But some group rides I have had to don my 100 gram wind top when coming home.......I blame it on reduced effort when cycling with others :mrgreen:
Its been 12-14 C on coming home even at gone 22:00, but less than 7C on a group ride I would still need a wind top on my own :P
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Our good weather is still here. I rode my bike the whole of the 30 miles home on Friday & it was a fantastic ride. In short sleeves!
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom