How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
al_yrpal

Re: How's your weather?

Post by al_yrpal »

Breakfast in the garden. About 14 degrees in the sun. Bacon sarnie and freshly ground coffee watching our pals the quackers...
IMG20230407095953.jpg
Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Duck à l'orange for dinner Al ?
I am here. Where are you?
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Cowsham wrote: 7 Apr 2023, 1:56pm Duck à l'orange for dinner Al ?
[/quote
Bird kill locally to date, seems to be purely Pheasants/Grouse. Suppose they fly low & are perhaps slow

Though badger can't be tasty, the badger I'd passed on Tuesday, was still in one piece. Untouched after 3 days :shock:
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

They have become pals. Wouldnt dream of that. They fly in to our pond and waddle up to the house where we feed them some birdseed. Then they waddle back and snuggle down on the bank. Absolutely lovely. Spent the whole of today pottering in the garden. :D Pint or two of cracking Taunton cider and a home cooked plate of fish and chips to finish the day off.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

al_yrpal wrote: 7 Apr 2023, 5:36pm
They have become pals. Wouldnt dream of that. They fly in to our pond and waddle up to the house where we feed them some birdseed. Then they waddle back and snuggle down on the bank. Absolutely lovely. Spent the whole of today pottering in the garden. :D Pint or two of cracking Taunton cider and a home cooked plate of fish and chips to finish the day off.

Al
Perfect
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Lovely weather for cycling the last few days but tonight on the way home I encountered horrendous hoards of flies everywhere -- some tiny like grains of sand -- I think this is the first day the weather has been up in the teens so all the flies are out at once -- don't know -- this was about 8.30pm

Edit -- might be something to do with my flashing front light luring the midges down to my level from the trees as I go by.
Jon in Sweden

Post by Jon in Sweden »

Glad to be back in Sweden. After a week of largely terrible weather in the UK (including gales), we're at the start of a week of full sun and 14-19c. It's been a bit breezy today, but Saturday looks fantastic for a family bike ride and paddle at a lake, with 19c and minimal wind in prospect.

And then a bit cooler and more seasonally appropriate next week.

This afternoon, I went out with my 8 year old on a newly acquired tandem. It was a lot of fun.

Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Have fun: they get stronger as they get heavier!

Does he have a brake? A bell?

Jonathan
Pendodave

Post by Pendodave »

In Torridon today.
They're cooking eggs on the pavement.
Hotelier tells me it's the warmest place in the UK.
Jon in Sweden

Post by Jon in Sweden »

Jdsk wrote: 18 Apr 2023, 5:30pm Have fun: they get stronger as they get heavier!

Does he have a brake? A bell?

Jonathan
New V-brakes. The only thing that's original is the frame/forks. Everything else is new. It stops well but it does need a bell!
peetee

Post by peetee »

Glorious sunshine by lunchtime here in the far south-west. Thought I’d wander from the workshop, pull up a chair and do a bit of outdoor wheel building. Well, I’m not complaining, but, twenty minutes in and the back of my neck was beginning to burn! That aside it felt glorious to get a bit of UV into me.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Jon in Sweden

Post by Jon in Sweden »

Our weather finally broke yesterday. After a sunny week, Friday and Saturday got really warm. 23c on both days. Sunday morning was bright and sunny and 22c, but by late afternoon we had heavy rain. It was much needed though.

I took a couple of swims on Saturday, though the lake is still cold of course:

Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

After a lovely week of dry weather it's still dry but Baltic out.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Flat grey & raining comme une vache qui pisse.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Nice sunshine this morning for breakfast in the garden. Sadly no Quackers. I think she has laid somewhere and shoved the Drake out. He came to the pond for a couple of days alone and sad but she has disappeared. Update, he came later...

Al
Last edited by al_yrpal on 25 Apr 2023, 2:35pm, edited 1 time in total.