How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Cowsham

Re: How's your weather?

Post by Cowsham »

Mick F wrote: 11 Dec 2022, 3:57pm
thirdcrank wrote: 11 Dec 2022, 12:24pm
Mick F wrote: 11 Dec 2022, 12:19pm Just heard that our local shop won't have any newspapers today.
Five out of the fifteen vans that left Plymouth, have had accidents.
I hope you have adequate supplies of cage-lining materials for your parrot.
Just checked.

The parrot is reading the Daily Mail from 26 Sep 2020 and the Western Morning News from 26 May 2020.
He'll be wondering why you're away out to the shop without your mask :lol:
I am here. Where are you?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Minus six here this morning.
Drivers in Cornwall are advised to stay off the roads.

I'm going to attempt to walk into the village this morning for a 10:40 appointment at the (ill)Health Centre.
Mick F. Cornwall
rotavator

Post by rotavator »

Minus 2C this morning so the first frost for a long time.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Managed the walk into the village and back, and even managed a dog-walk shortly afterwards.

The temp has reached the balmy height (note balmy is with an L and not an R) of 1degC this late afternoon.

With a bit of luck, we won't be iced in tomorrow and we can get the car out for a spot of shopping.
Mick F. Cornwall
pwa

Post by pwa »

Mick F wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 4:28pm Managed the walk into the village and back, and even managed a dog-walk shortly afterwards.

The temp has reached the balmy height (note balmy is with an L and not an R) of 1degC this late afternoon.

With a bit of luck, we won't be iced in tomorrow and we can get the car out for a spot of shopping.
The roads are mostly okay around here. It is the pavements and cycle paths that have ice on them. If I had been cycling to work today I'd have stuck to the gritted roads.
rjb

Post by rjb »

Im too old to go out on the bike in these conditions. Commuted in all weathers when i was working but nowadays i use the Bus when its a risk of ice. I dont bounce like i used too.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
pwa

Post by pwa »

rjb wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 4:49pm Im too old to go out on the bike in these conditions. Commuted in all weathers when i was working but nowadays i use the Bus when its a risk of ice. I dont bounce like i used too.
I never bounced well :lol:
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

When I was 70 I could go out in any weather, get soaked for 8 hours touring loaded down with 16kg of panniers and camping kit, get covered in mud and leaves on the mtb and so on. But 10 years on I cant stand the cold, or being soaked. Lots of outside Christmassy stuff to do here and it having to wait until the weekend when it warms up a bit.
Meanwhile heating is on keeping room temperatures to 17 degrees and we just lit the log burner in the sitting room.

Curry tonight! :wink:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

al_yrpal wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 5:14pm When I was 70 I could go out in any weather, get soaked for 8 hours touring loaded down with 16kg of panniers and camping kit, get covered in mud and leaves on the mtb and so on. But 10 years on I cant stand the cold, or being soaked. Lots of outside Christmassy stuff to do here and it having to wait until the weekend when it warms up a bit.
Meanwhile heating is on keeping room temperatures to 17 degrees and we just lit the log burner in the sitting room.

Curry tonight! :wink:

Al
Some boy !
I'm only 60 but wouldn't be out riding in that today. Really bleak day -- frozen fog dark all day sort of weather. Although was working at my sons building site for a few hours today -- couldn't stand still for too long keep moving is the only option.

Don't know how that young fella rode from China camping in the snow.
( there's a link to that video on this forum )
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

pwa wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 5:07pm
rjb wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 4:49pm Im too old to go out on the bike in these conditions. Commuted in all weathers when i was working but nowadays i use the Bus when its a risk of ice. I dont bounce like i used too.
I never bounced well :lol:
I used to but last year proved those days are behind me now. Doctor said if I'd been 10 years older breaking that many ribs at once could've been fatal.
peetee

Post by peetee »

Bright and clear here and with light winds, not as chilly as recently. So what better than a trip along the coast?
FF962E81-7C97-4D99-B41D-C591B3E4A2FD.jpeg
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
rjb

Post by rjb »

Up to 2° C outside here on the Somerset levels but now raining. Ice still on neighbours roofs. Not cycling again today it's treacherous out there. :(
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

-5 and fog, I was hoping to get a few miles in before the rain arrives early afternoon but its not very inspiring.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Never been so looking forward to wind and rain so much --temperatures to soar to a heady 8 degrees tomorrow and maybe even make 10 by the weekend if the forecast is right. Might get out on the bike -- I hate the freezing temps.
gaz

Post by gaz »

Took the studded tyres off of the utility bike yesterday, whatever may have been forecast previously for the southeast will shortly be replaced by blizzards :wink: .
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade