How's your weather?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
VinceLedge

Re: How's your weather?

Post by VinceLedge »

Frosty this morning , but sunny
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

The nice dry weather has broke big time -- roads are rivers -- ATM sitting in the car cos getting from the car the the house would mean getting thoroughly soaked!
I am here. Where are you?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Nice here.
Some dampness in the air late afternoon, but it's bright and cheerful out there now. 16degC.
We had the washing on the line yesterday. Sunshine and 18degC and the warmest day of the year so far.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

It's just started chucking it down! :shock:
Still bright and with some blue skies.
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

BBQ yesterday evening. Very nice in the evening sunshine. A bit damp today.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Jon in Sweden

Post by Jon in Sweden »

Gloriously sunny all weekend. "Springfield sky" (think of the opening credits from the Simpsons). Only about 9-12c, but when it's dry and sunny, I'm happy.

A screenshot from some GoPro footage from today:

Jon in Sweden

Post by Jon in Sweden »

It's weeks like these that I'm very glad I no longer live in the UK.

Swedish 10 day forecast on the left, Devon on the right.

Quite a decent frost this morning. Minus 3 at 06:15

Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Can't see image -- think the link signature has expired

Meanwhile in NI --- a fair weekend but now back to roads like rivers. Thunderstorms today.
I am here. Where are you?
rjb

Post by rjb »

Wet wet wet, here on the Somerset levels. The reservoirs on Exmoor are overflowing the spillways. Next door in Devon they are struggling to fill their reservoirs. Hosepipe ban has been put in place for many Southwest Water customers, pedicting it could last until December . :shock: Wonder how Mick F is managing. Probably drinking beer instead of water. :lol:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Getting on for our 3rd year here and our top lawn is suddenly full of moss. Saw Mr Green Thumb (the lawn people) at a Car Boot last weekend and mentioned the moss. "Its everywhere!" He said...the wet winter. Lots of work for him...

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Whereas down south here the pompiers are asking for people to donate the contents of their swimming-pools.

Where we are, though, the rain is kinda loud and the temperature is dropping like a stone. Bleh.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

The Rivington resevoir system is still low and hasn't yet recovered completely from last summer.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

al_yrpal wrote: 9 May 2023, 7:01am Getting on for our 3rd year here and our top lawn is suddenly full of moss. Saw Mr Green Thumb (the lawn people) at a Car Boot last weekend and mentioned the moss. "Its everywhere!" He said...the wet winter. Lots of work for him...

Al
I like moss. I'd honestly rather have a moss lawn than a grass one. Moss is nice to walk on & is much less work.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Jon in Sweden

Post by Jon in Sweden »

22c, very sunny, bit of a breeze. Heading out with a chain gang later this afternoon for some high speed slipstream action :D
Jon in Sweden

Post by Jon in Sweden »

Just back from 158km with friends. Very sunny, 22-25c most of the way around. I now have very distinct tan lines on my arms and legs.

We're supposedly to get 24hrs with a bit of (much needed) rain on Tuesday but then back to business as usual of 20-25c and sunny for the foreseeable future.

Afternoon sun, down at the lake a couple of days ago: