What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Cowsham

Re: What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by Cowsham »

Debs wrote: 28 Sep 2022, 10:44pm Image
:lol: I love the cover version Debs
I am here. Where are you?
Debs

Post by Debs »

pwa

Post by pwa »

Welsh First Minister Mark Drakeford losing his rag with Tory critics.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-63303690
He is normally so calm and measured, it was amusing to see him so fired up.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

pwa wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 6:15am Welsh First Minister Mark Drakeford losing his rag with Tory critics.
I saw it yesterday,it's no wonder he got all fired up after that Tory git tried to put the blame on the Welsh Labour government when it's his disgusting party that's caused the lack of funding in the NHS!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

reohn2 wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 8:27am
pwa wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 6:15am Welsh First Minister Mark Drakeford losing his rag with Tory critics.
I saw it yesterday,it's no wonder he got all fired up after that Tory git tried to put the blame on the Welsh Labour government when it's his disgusting party that's caused the lack of funding in the NHS!
I think this will be the tactics used by the Tories when Labour gains power. Everything wrong will be blamed on the government, nothing to do with the previous 14 years of the Tory's disastrous handling of the country.
Trouble is the right wing rags will support this in their headlines day after day until the public believe it.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

francovendee wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 8:38am
I think this will be the tactics used by the Tories when Labour gains power. Everything wrong will be blamed on the government, nothing to do with the previous 14 years of the Tory's disastrous handling of the country.
Trouble is the right wing rags will support this in their headlines day after day until the public believe it.
Yep,the damage caused to the country by the despicable Tory party will take a lot of undoing,not only have they turned the country into a laughingstock worldwide they've systematically bankupted it by rifling through the till with spurious contracts and wasteful ideas and schemes to channel money into their backers and financiers.
I've said many,many times,the Tory party is evil,nothing over the past 12 years will dissuade from that opinion,and over the past few weeks they've added stupid to that title!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Debs

Post by Debs »

Does't come close to making me laugh, Mark Drakeford is one of Wales's finest.

pwa

Post by pwa »

Debs wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 10:33am Does't come close to making me laugh, Mark Drakeford is one of Wales's finest.

I like him too, and I agree with the thrust of what he was articulating. But I also got a joyous amusement from seeing him take off like that. He gave them both barrels.
Manc33

Post by Manc33 »

We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Was clearing up around the yard today and getting rid of some weeds around the edge of the garden. I thought to myself " well that's the last of the summer weeds sorted " Last of the summer weeds " -- that's us innit.
Manc33

Post by Manc33 »

Nah you can never think of yourself as a last of the summer weeds or last of anything. My mum is 72 and I'm 46... she is doing stuff I shy away from, lugging heavy stuff around, walking miles every day. It's all in the mind. I need to take a leaf out of her book.
We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Manc33 wrote: 28 Oct 2022, 5:43am Nah you can never think of yourself as a last of the summer weeds or last of anything. My mum is 72 and I'm 46... she is doing stuff I shy away from, lugging heavy stuff around, walking miles every day. It's all in the mind. I need to take a leaf out of her book.
My mums 82 and still teaching art and music. She's outlived m da and her toy boy after that. Never takes life too seriously with a great sense of humour.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

The Labour party usually inherits major economic problems when they gain power. That was true in 1945, 1964, 1974 and it will be true in 2024. By the time the Thatcher government was elected Labour had sorted out almost all the problems caused by the 1974 oil crisis and the disastrous Tony Barber budgets under Heath. Healey, as chancellor, had got inflation down to about 8% which was low by the standards of the decade. The Thatcher government came in and got it back up to 18% within a couple of years. People forget that it was the Falklands war that saved her. Prior to that she was the most unpopular PM on record and destined to be voted out of office at the next election.

The economy Labour inherited in 1997 wasn't too bad and they improved it greatly over the next ten years. The 2008 banking crisis which stopped the progress was actually worldwide and started in the USA.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

^^^^^
Wot he said!
Spot on! :D
Mick F. Cornwall
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

pete75 wrote: 29 Oct 2022, 6:32pm

The Labour party usually inherits major economic problems when they gain power. That was true in 1945, 1964, 1974 and it will be true in 2024. By the time the Thatcher government was elected Labour had sorted out almost all the problems caused by the 1974 oil crisis and the disastrous Tony Barber budgets under Heath. Healey, as chancellor, had got inflation down to about 8% which was low by the standards of the decade. The Thatcher government came in and got it back up to 18% within a couple of years. People forget that it was the Falklands war that saved her. Prior to that she was the most unpopular PM on record and destined to be voted out of office at the next election.

The economy Labour inherited in 1997 wasn't too bad and they improved it greatly over the next ten years. The 2008 banking crisis which stopped the progress was actually worldwide and started in the USA.
Perhaps people also forget - or prefer to overlook - that the formation of the SDP led to a split in the Labour Party which damaged to its results in the 1983 general election.